Home

Total game breakers in YOUR opinion?

This is a discussion on Total game breakers in YOUR opinion? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #17
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Total game breakers in YOUR opinion?

Well, tbh there aren't any. No matter what 2K makes, we are all gonna buy it and make do with it.
New York Knicks
Old 08-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #18
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I don't have any game breakers with NBA 2K. 2K14 did with the always online stuff and having MyGM linked to it. But they took care of that last year. However, I do have a few pet peeves that I really want to see addressed, or at least adequately explained.

One is rebounding by the CPU. I'm not talking about clear rebounds, I'm talking about when the CPU grabs 3 or 4 in a row. You can tell it's designed that way because they react super fast and my controlled player just stumbles around. Sometimes the ball warps right through me. I want to see that fixed.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #19
Pro

3pt shooting online this overpowered again. It ruins the game, there is no reason to do anything but that. It's incredibly difficult to play defense, and when you actually get a hand in their face, and they still knock down a shot because of deadeye it instantly sucks the fun out of the game.

On top of this, honestly for people who shoot 3s non stop online in the JRC, where is the fun in that? Like if you know without a doubt you're going to score 40 because it's so OP, how is it fun? idk I guess I've been anti cheese since madden first went online, I have a hard time finding the fun in using OP moves online.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #20
Rookie

Having to play all 48 or consistently playing well over 40 minutes every game in my career
Old 08-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #21
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
As mainly a quick game/ my league guy who plays the occasional game online....I think I'd basically sum it up with: patch 4

It ruined shooting logic which I thought was done very well before the change...

I was beating guys with the Hornets before he change using defense....a combination of the Hornets sucking, but mainly the shooting changes stopped that....

Only consistent issue I have that really bothers me is the inconsistent shot blocking..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idk why I thought u were a fan of patch 4 . This wasn't a game breaker for me but the shooting logic was a pain online
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #22
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Defense is my number 1 as well, Passing IQ and the guy is standing open then as soon as you pass to him that mofo takes off has to be gone, that has been a legacy issue for as long as I can remember playing 2k. Toned down celebrations after every made basket (time them to the correct situation in the game to make them meaningful not super repetitive and overused) More liveliness and variation from the ball off the rim off 3pt shots and shots in general that would help the rebounding issues that Trackball is referring to and is correct about.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

If the offense is poorly implemented in MyCareer. The play design and usage was already underwhelming for me (you cannot convince me that any effort was put into anything other than the Triangle or Swing Motion design). However, the offense in MyCareer is flat out abysmal. Players don't space, they stop moving, they don't pass to open guys, etc.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Honestly the more I learn the game and different settings the more my complaints disappear that said my major issue is the way the ball always finds the offense after good defense . I know this happens IRL but it happens way too much in game. After tipped passes , blocked shots , tipped rebounds , the offense just gets the upper hand even without being in position.
Couldnt agree more. Its so evident in rec center, i constantly see 3 tipped passes in one play and then a fadeaway shot splashes in the corner. Funny how as soon as players are on defense, they cant catch the ball (at least humans), but when their on offense its no problem catching

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »