Home

Total game breakers in YOUR opinion?

This is a discussion on Total game breakers in YOUR opinion? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Total game breakers in YOUR opinion?

If MyCareer keeps going down the path of completely abandoning its sim roots and becomes a glorified B movie drama where you're forced to listen to the cheesiest, most cliche ridden dialogue ever written and inevitably become the next coming of Michael Jordan by the end of your rookie year.

Also regardless of the story we absolutely cannot have some of the atrocious NBA player voice acting performances we got last year, it sounds like they didn't even try and kills immersion
Old 09-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #58
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
If MyCareer keeps going down the path of completely abandoning its sim roots and becomes a glorified B movie drama where you're forced to listen to the cheesiest, most cliche ridden dialogue ever written and inevitably become the next coming of Michael Jordan by the end of your rookie year.
I stopped playing that mode a lone time ago. There was too much crying for faster progression and that has led to a lot of the stuff people complain about today. I'm a BIG RPG fan, and I was hoping this mode would go that route, but it didn't.

Quote:
Also regardless of the story we absolutely cannot have some of the atrocious NBA player voice acting performances we got last year, it sounds like they didn't even try and kills immersion
Now this is unfair. Not everyone is a professional actor. Of COURSE if you want the real NBA voices, you are going to sacrifice the "acting". NBA players are NOT actors and acting is not easy. Lying maybe, but not acting.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #59
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Why play/buy it then???

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Just because I dont like the gameplay since patch 4 I shouldnt play/buy it? 2k is still my fav game. Why would I not buy it? The game was great before the last patch and I hope 2k16 will be too
Old 09-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I stopped playing that mode a lone time ago. There was too much crying for faster progression and that has led to a lot of the stuff people complain about today. I'm a BIG RPG fan, and I was hoping this mode would go that route, but it didn't.
Sorry to quote you in back-to-back posts, not trying to shadow ya, hah. I feel you on the super progression complaint. I think I would have preferred better simulation options more than a one year fast track to Jordandom. I'm not sure any of us have come up with a real deal solution to that issue though, aside from selecting beforehand from "Slow ascent", "Medium", and "Immediate star". Have other sports games gone that route? It'd seem a little unnatural in theory, as opposed to feeling as though I was in control.

Quote:
Now this is unfair. Not everyone is a professional actor. Of COURSE if you want the real NBA voices, you are going to sacrifice the "acting". NBA players are NOT actors and acting is not easy. Lying maybe, but not acting.
Was going to say the same thing. The voice acting is undeniably brutal at a lot of points, but with 2K's current MyPlayer setup (the awful storylines and contrived drama), they don't really have a choice. I remember the muted players looking super ridiculous in 2K14 so in response, 2K tried to step it up with real player voices. It was a logical and respectable move in a lot of regards. Unfortunately, when one asks Al Jefferson to partake in a soap opera, there's going to be repercussions.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-01-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #61
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
Just because I dont like the gameplay since patch 4 I shouldnt play/buy it? 2k is still my fav game. Why would I not buy it? The game was great before the last patch and I hope 2k16 will be too
Gotcha.....if the last part of your post "the game was great before the last patch" was stated in the statement i would have understood better thats all..kudos

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »