Home

Total game breakers in YOUR opinion?

This is a discussion on Total game breakers in YOUR opinion? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #1
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Total game breakers in YOUR opinion?

We have wish lists. We have bug threads. We have countless threads about legacy issues. You name it, there's a thread.... Almost.

I'm not here to bash 2k. This isn't a de-hype thread. I'm a used to be fanboy turned extreme skeptic. My fault? Maybe.

I just want to know what everyone's "oh, HELL no! " things are. What REALLY is going to upset you if it's still in this game.

My goal? To essentially have a before release list that are just absolute deal breakers to give the ghosts of this site (i see you) a heads up on what the biggest DO NOT INCLUDEs are. Hopefully it'll be a checklist for them to even compare what they improved this year and maybe even what still needs work.

THIS IS NOT A MULTIPLE PART ANSWER, YOU GET ONE THING SO AS TO KEEP THIS THREAD TIDY.

What is your ABSOLUTE deal breaker?

Mines defense. Period. I don't need to expand on that, that's my answer. Defense 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Total game breakers in YOUR opinion?

The mycareer injury glitch. It probably won't happen this year but you can't be too sure. I really don't understand why there wasn't a bigger outrage about it, it was a game breaking bug in my opinion. Literally every one of my saves half the star players in the league were permanently injured.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:54 AM   #3
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvn
The mycareer injury glitch. It probably won't happen this year but you can't be too sure. I really don't understand why there wasn't a bigger outrage about it, it was a game breaking bug in my opinion. Literally every one of my saves half the star players in the league were permanently injured.
I had the opposite problem in last-gen 2K14--on some MyCareer files, NOBODY got injured, ever.

Anyway, getting upwards of 30 rebounds per game when player-locked, that broke 2K15 for me. I had to stop writing my MyCareer dynasty mostly because of it; once, I got 48 rebounds. And that's with TWO upgrades to the Rebounding set, at most.

And when position-locked in MyLeague or MyGM, I pulled down about 20 a game. I had to ask myself "is this thing broken, or am I just that good at getting boards?"

Compare to last-gen 2K14, where with 88 in each rebounding attribute, I was getting maybe 14 a game. Still a lot, but far more realistic.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
MVP

The passing, fix the god damn passing please. It's been awful since 2k11. Players should know how to throw passes around defenders who are facing away the ball, they shouldn't be throwing passes that hit the back of a defenders leg or their back(yeah that can happen, but the rate it happens is ridiculous, that's not that common). Stop making CPU react to passes that they are facing away from and can't even see. Quit making teammates cut BEHIND a defender as soon as the ball is passed to them,that's something that seems like it was intentionally programmed that way and i have no idea why they thought that was a good idea.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:07 AM   #5
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

If MyCareer continues down the path of 2K14-15's projection. Spike Lee has some really awesome film credits to his pedigree but an sweet story alone will not redeem MyCareer.

Everything beyond 2k16 will be determined by the 2k16 MyCareer for me.

MyCareer needs to be returned fully into the SimNation to succeed in securing my future loyalty.

The only exception to this decision would be if Seattle got its Sonics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 AM   #6
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

The forced always-online MyCareer. Minutes ago I was playing a MC game and all of a sudden it said "wifi connection lost" and the game stopped and went to the main menu, LOSING ALL THE FREAKING PROGRESS.

They should give the possibility to save the progress in case you lose the connection or save the MC file offline and when you are able to connect it saves on the 2k servers.

MyCareer is NOT an online feature of the game, like MyTeam, MyPark, Rec Center and so on. You shouldn't have to lose your progress just because the connection starts to be "playful".

Last edited by jackzagal; 08-29-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:09 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 4

Stars not playing like stars

role players not playing to their strength

bums(consistently) being able to dominate.

If myplayer(i dont play this mode but it effects all areas) still have to average 50pts, 30reb, 20asst, 10stl, 5blks to compete every game.

If any generated player has white tattos.(pet peeve)

I want to fear players and teams.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:44 AM   #8
Just started!

that's something that seems like it was intentionally programmed that way and i have no idea why they thought that was a good idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »