Home

Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Main Menu

This is a discussion on Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Main Menu within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #25
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Ma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea there is no way they would add the real rosters of the D-League. But if you remember 2K12, they didn't even let us edit the names of the D-League players. Everything else but the Vitals.

Which I hated.

But Vlad looked out
Yeah that was odd. I always rename Terry Cummings from the 84-85 Bucks Charles Barkley. He's pretty dang close. But we couldn't rename the NBDL guys. Weird. As a franchise buff, I want to see this return. Initially, it could be populated with CAP players, just allow us to edit them. Then in future years in our MyLeague/MyGM they would eventually be filled with real/incoming lower rated developing players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 09:14 PM   #26
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Re: Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Ma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
There shouldn't be restrictions on Name Editing unless it is going to throw things out of whack.

2K15 allowed us to edit names of REAL NBA Players though.

But I didn't understand why they locked names of D-League players in 2K12 when they were essentially Auto-Generated Created Players. I never understood that

I don't exactly think the NBAPA is interested in that, which is probably why it's not in the game,lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
I don't exactly think the NBAPA is interested in that, which is probably why it's not in the game,lol.

Umm we can change the name of NBA players in the game. I am using a fictional roster on Xbox 1 where I hear the announcers refer to a couple of my guys as Dikembe Mutombo and Sebastian Telfair. If I hear more I will post them here. But those are the 2 I remember off the top of my head.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #28
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Umm we can change the name of NBA players in the game. I am using a fictional roster on Xbox 1 where I hear the announcers refer to a couple of my guys as Dikembe Mutombo and Sebastian Telfair. If I hear more I will post them here. But those are the 2 I remember off the top of my head.

You mean that you can rename a real player with a different name or do you mean calling a created player by a real name?

I'm not aware of being able to rename actual players names in the game. And it would be very odd if you can rename a real player but not change his headband.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
You mean that you can rename a real player with a different name or do you mean calling a created player by a real name?

I'm not aware of being able to rename actual players names in the game. And it would be very odd if you can rename a real player but not change his headband.

A real player and changing their name. I did it with Dikembe, and another player who was a duplicate in the roster when I was considering run an all classic franchise. And they still called them Dikembe and whoever the other guy was.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #30
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
A real player and changing their name. I did it with Dikembe, and another player who was a duplicate in the roster when I was considering run an all classic franchise. And they still called them Dikembe and whoever the other guy was.

That's insane. So if the issue with headbands seemingly has absolutely nothing to do with a players likeness (my theory on why it's not been in the game), then what is the hold up?

This entire time I was thinking it was an NBAPA issue.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #31
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:

You missed where I said that we CAN edit names in NBA 2K15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #32
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Main M

I can't remember what 2K had the D-League, but I remember having Jody Meeks on the Lakers and sending him down to the LA Defenders, I was averaging 35 points a game with him! Too much fun.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited by WaddupCouzin; 09-01-2015 at 11:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »