Home

Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Main Menu

This is a discussion on Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Main Menu within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Push For: D-League Teams to be FULLY Customizable and Playable Through The Ma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea there is no way they would add the real rosters of the D-League. But if you remember 2K12, they didn't even let us edit the names of the D-League players. Everything else but the Vitals.

Which I hated.

But Vlad looked out
Right on. Free reign name & likeness editing of the random fake players on D-League teams in NBA 2K12 would have been huge. I would have had a lot of interest in keeping tabs on my affiliate (at that time, the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants, now the Grand Rapids Drive) if the roster was largely filled with real players.

Instead, the teams were mostly all comprised of a slew of David Jones and John Scotts, leaving virtually no real life connection or use for those D-League teams. Even when one's MyPlayer had to work their way up through the D-League (underrated feature), playing amongst real D-Leaguers, or ones we edited to represent real, would have been next level.

To be honest, I edited a roster in MVP Baseball 2005 to accurately represent each team's farm club as deep as possible and it was incredible. I'd even use those squads in exhibition mode. Of course, it's a little different because MLB teams stash big time talents (ex: Justin Verlander was in my Tigers system) so there's a bigger Franchise payoff for having real MLB club teams. I'd still support it for NBA though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »