Home

Will you be able to buy your MP for ProAm?

This is a discussion on Will you be able to buy your MP for ProAm? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

OVR: 0

Its seems like 2k is finally going for a competitive game this year. With adding a ELO ranking system and talking with e sports. Its still more details that still haven't been announce about e sports involvement.

So the point I'm trying to make is with a competitive game there need to be balance. If you are able to buy your MyPlayer 1st day then the leaderboard will be tainted. As the brought players will have an big advantage 1st week when everyone who didn't buy their player are still trying to feel out the game. So I believe you won't be able to buy your MP this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: Will you be able to buy your MP for ProAm?

Yea that's not going to happen...there needs to be both models. Because you got guys that want to play these modes and work 60 hours a week and have a family and kids so they ain't got time to grind up to make a good player. There should be both models.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea that's not going to happen...there needs to be both models. Because you got guys that want to play these modes and work 60 hours a week and have a family and kids so they ain't got time to grind up to make a good player. There should be both models.

Yup, and also no chance 2k is cutting out that revenue stream. Making money off VC is huge for them.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

You were only able to buy your MyPlayer up to a certain point in '15, after that you had to unlock attribute upgrades and badges by progressing through MyCareer.

I still think there should be 2 separate MyPlayer ratings, one for MyCareer and one for the online modes since some people just want to play Pro-Am/Park and have no interest in MyCareer.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I honestly don't think that this is really necessary. If you are working 60 hours a week and have no time to play 2k, why should you get a high rated player? If 2K doesn't make it so that people can boost stats with real $ there will always be players like your example and they can be matched together.

2k making it so that you can improve your skills with real money is just to give them more money and thats it. They can create an Elo system to match similarly skilled and rated players just like in every other competitive game out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #6
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

I think 2k should do it in the way it seems like Live 16 is. Your player levels up, and gains Xp, based on how you play in the online games. I think if that was the case less people would waste money on vc. I think more people are winning to do it legit, if they're not forced to grind through myplayer
Old 08-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Yes, I think upgrading you MyPlayer with purchased VC will still be a option this year.

Player progression for offline and online should be separated. All upgrades for online should be earned. MyTeam is their cash cow so I don't think it will hurt them if the got rid of purchasable upgrades for online team play.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
I honestly don't think that this is really necessary. If you are working 60 hours a week and have no time to play 2k, why should you get a high rated player? If 2K doesn't make it so that people can boost stats with real $ there will always be players like your example and they can be matched together.

2k making it so that you can improve your skills with real money is just to give them more money and thats it. They can create an Elo system to match similarly skilled and rated players just like in every other competitive game out there.
I agree actually, and Im someone with a job of about 50 hours a week. I hate that people can buy their way to a good player, I spend my weekends and time after work playing and getting my guy better. Demis are the perfect example of why this model is stupid.

If you enjoy playing demis and people who just create a max guy, just act like they bought that player. Does it make you feel better about them dropping 40 pts in the rec and non stop contested 3s? They bought deadeye so it's cool right? I mean they have a family and other stuff to worry about in life.

dumb dumb dumb.

I do like lives idea of XP generated through online playing, which is how it should be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »