Home

What Do You Feel the 2K Series Does Well?

This is a discussion on What Do You Feel the 2K Series Does Well? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
What Do You Feel the 2K Series Does Well?

Sup fellas,

We have some great threads on this front page to provide feedback regarding our concerns with the 2k series.

On the flip side of that, I would like to know what the community thinks the 2k series currently does well?

This isn't so much a 'praise 2k' topic, think of it more like a "this isn't broke, so don't fix it" type deal...(while still building upon it). If you don't think 2k currently does anything exceptionally well, I respect that, and we have other threads for that...but I would love to hear what the community thinks on the subject...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What do you feel the 2k series does well?

Honestly, I think that 2K does pretty much everything well.

2 exceptions and in my eyes they are pretty large:

1) Online Play (Servers)
2) MyTeam

Servers have been bad for years, we all know this. So much of the 2K games is reliant on online connectivity and it is just not reliable. If they can shore this up, watch out.

MyTeam is fun, some people love it and some people hate it, I love it so I may be biased. MUT and LUT do very well with these type of modes because of the constant updating and weekly challenges. MUT more so than LUT and since they somewhat started the concept, they've been able to perfect it. There are many more football players than basketball players but I feel like things like Sets and multiple card versions could still be effective in 2K.

I would love to see them update this mode throughout the ENTIRE year similar to Madden and even take it a step further and offer rewards/sets that can offer you players/items in the following year's MyTeam. Madden also does this and it adds so much to replay value and it doesn't make it feel like you're starting over every year.

I would also love it to keep track of your record both online and offline as well as some stat tracking. Would also add to replay value and offer a sense of accomplishment.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Presentation and immersion. More than any other sports game, when I play 2K, I can get "lost" in its world and see thing that are very true to life. Other games let you know you're playing a video game, while 2K gives the impression you're watching the Bulls-Rockets on TV.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #4
Pro

YungGun's Arena

OVR: 0

Animations and commentary in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

For me it's the package of player/gameplay customization, signature styles and the CPU AI, without question.

I'm strictly an offline vs. the AI 30 team control; season mode user.

The amount of sliders for gameplay, attributes, player tendacies etc....is really an offline player's dream come true.

The best thing is that the individual player and gameplay sliders actually work and are very responsive. For a while, the 2k series had alot of hard coded issues in the series and had sliders that literally did nothing.

They have done a great job providing more and more customization options each year. And the way they capture signature styles, is really impressive. Having the Signature moves/shot content being editable, is real nice also.

With these options in 2k15, i'm always able to get the game and it's players to play like they should.

Also, would like to add that 2k15 was one of the best playing games out of the box the series has released in some time, in relation to player tendacies. It still required edits IMO but, not the massive changes that were required in previous releases.

It's a impressive game based on it's customization options alone.

Not to mention the CPU AI continues to improve each year, along with the signature styles constantly expanding etc....

All of the above is what made 2k15 my most played game last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Great thread

-Authenticity. 2K has always done a great job of making the players look and play like their real-life counterpart. I still believe they could do better, but overall it is the most authentic sports game I've ever played.

-Like someone else said, commentary. You may not think about it much since we've gown so accustomed to listening to the same guys year after year, but my goodness the commentary in this game puts other sports titles to shame.

-Graphics. Enough said here, they do a pretty darn good job in this area.

-Game customization (sliders, edit player, tendencies, playbooks, etc.)

-Animation quality. This game moves, for the most part, amazingly well. It obviously has it's moments of awkwardess and clunkiness, but overall the movement keeps you immersed and it is very realistic.

I have more I could say about the game but it wouldn't fall under the "what they do well" category

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 08-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #7
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

MyLeague and their continued improvements towards those modes.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #8
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Graphics, Customization and taking community feedback.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »