Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog With Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog With Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog with Mike Wang

These written blogs are the best.

My personal favorite excerpts:

Quote:
Dunking and rim hangs have also never felt better. This year, the rim and stanchion respond to dunks with a true physical model. So on rim grazers, you’ll see the rim breakaway very slightly if at all. While monster rim hangs will show the basket and stanchion getting pulled down and snapping back up when the player lets go. Dunks that hit the side of the rim will cause the basket support to sway laterally and so on. And a quick side note on dunks, we’ve improved the ability of bigs to dunk from a stand when operating deep in the paint. So it feels amazing to shake a guy in the post or come down with an offensive board and finish with authority like a big should.
I noticed a very nice looking hand-rim interaction at the end of the gameplay video. I'm quite intrigued by the stanchion response and am hoping it's not overdone. I was briefly excited when "side note" was mentioned because I thought it was going to reference new audio for dunks, but I'll take the improved ability for big men to finish inside, which I heard was an issue last year.

Quote:
As a blocker, you can now choose to go up conservatively with verticality or more aggressively to try and make a bigger play on the ball. We’ve also implemented point IK, which allow blockers to track the ball in real time and react to different situations in a dynamic way. For me, swatting a shot into the stands is probably the most gratifying thing to do in NBA 2K16. The improved physics on blocks make these scenarios look great too.
Always pumped for block improvements.

Quote:
For jump shooters, we’ve added some of the post-release follow through antics that shooters tend to do in real life. So on high percentage shots you’ll see guys leaving their hand up on the follow through or heading back upcourt early as they watch the flight of the ball. You’ll see players try to “will the ball in” with their body language, follow their shots, or even celebrate early like Steph Curry on a buzzer beater. It may be a small detail, but it’s one of my favorite features this year.
I love small touches and details like this. As long as the game doesn't cut away to players celebrating wildly after every made basket like they did in 2K15, it'll be a great, organic addition.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #34
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #35
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been trying my hardest to be salty and pessimistic about this game but I just can't

Bring on 2k16
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #36
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10

New rim-ball physics? Long rebounds? Finally

I hope we`ll see some wedgies

Old 09-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #37
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Yes lawd! Between Madden being awesome and this, my social life is going to be nil this winter.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 09-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #38
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I love hearing that “flick-flick” is back....made euro steps feel great and felt a lot more natural….

Quote:
MUCH more responsive defensive movement both onball and off which feels fantastic and really helps balance the game.

Brand new dribble crowd system allows you to body up the ball handler while he’s standing in triple threat or dribbling. This makes the physical onball defenders feel much more dominant. The moving body up ride system also saw a ton of improvements. Collisions are much more appropriate, more intense, and more responsive for both the dribbler and defender. In a nutshell, playing onball defense is nice now.

Speaking of onball defense, we’ve also added a new Dynamic Defense Assist feature. The harder you press the Intense-D trigger, the more assist we give you as an onball defender. I can’t overstate how much this feature improves the ability to play defense online. There’s also a slider, so you can tweak the strength yourself or turn it off.

Blocking is another area that has gotten a lot of love. As a blocker, you can now choose to go up conservatively with verticality or more aggressively to try and make a bigger play on the ball. We’ve also implemented point IK, which allow blockers to track the ball in real time and react to different situations in a dynamic way. For me, swatting a shot into the stands is probably the most gratifying thing to do in NBA 2K16. The improved physics on blocks make these scenarios look great too.

Layup strips have been improved and are a much more reliable counter against guys going to the rim

We’ve re-worked the offball collision system to allow you to deny with more physicality and chuck cutters away from the ball. It’s especially awesome to see guys trying to fight their man off while being grabbed to try and get open for those last second buzzer beaters.

We do a much better job now of detecting shot defense and responding with realistic outcomes (fewer missed easy layups, more bricks when heavily contested, and contested jump shot values that match real life stats.) Also, just about every variable we have in our shot heuristics can now be re-tuned post-release without having to create and release a patch, ensuring that we’ll be able to fine tune the system based on community feedback so that everybody’s happy.
This…all of it

DEFENSE, *CLAP CLAP*

Hope it all works as intended!!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #39
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm really hoping some one-hand tip-in animations were among that new group added into the game. Putbacks/tip-ins are something I've felt have always been missing from 2K. Other than the occasional follow slam, this aspect of basketball is almost entirely absent.

I don't want to be a pessimist though. The game sounds like it's shaping up great. I'm very excited to get my hands on it.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4

Great read. Really exciting stuff. I can't wait to play this game. I'm hoping the "feel" of playing NBA 2k16 is the same or better than the leap from 2k13 to 2k14 last gen.

2k13 was really good, but 2k14 was a major improvement in regards to how the game felt and played. The physics/animations (especially around the basket) was improved tremendously. Looking forward to seeing if it's that same level of progression gameplay wise. I'm hyped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »