Home

NBA 2K16 Screenshots Captured From the Gameplay Enhancements Video

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Screenshots Captured From the Gameplay Enhancements Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #57
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K16 Screenshots Captured From the Gameplay Enhancements Video

Ah ok....gotcha....thanks lakers

Also did Bropez cut his hair over the summer? If not it looks like they still don't have his hair updated...

Assuming that's a recent build...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #58
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K16 Screenshots Captured From the Gameplay Enhancements Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
They knocked LaMarcus Aldridge and Tiago Splitter out the park with the scans, but I'm a little upset that TD and Tony were unwilling or unavailable to be re-scanned.

J - Cross Over finally got scanned and looks on point. He finally looks like his face isn't melting in plastic or wax.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Lillard d'ing up ? Game way too unrealistic. Unplayable.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #59
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I thought TD was scanned?

He's always looked great to me...

Where did you see Tiago?

Yeah, he is 24th but its pretty obvious he didn't go back in to be scanned again. Timmy's cyberface is great (minus no grey hair) but we don't get the benefit of his body being scanned.

Tiago is literally right beside/underneath TD. You can tell that's him and he was scanned this year.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #60
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Yeah, he is 24th but its pretty obvious he didn't go back in to be scanned again. Timmy's cyberface is great (minus no grey hair) but we don't get the benefit of his body being scanned.

Tiago is literally right beside/underneath TD. You can tell that's him and he was scanned this year.

Yeah I thought you meant his face....I gotcha...

Don't know how I missed Splitter....he was definitely overdue...

Hopefully hey got Big Baby so Goffs doesn't get banned

Old 09-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #61
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Yeah this has been an eyesore for me previously as well - the crowds have been pretty dark and the arenas far too hazy the last couple years if you ask me! It appears like the upper decks may still be too dark, but at least the lower levels appear to be more vibrant (Speights pic). The also seemed to maybe touch up arena seating (baselines populated/sidelines seem closer to court), so that helps asthetically too. Hard to know for sure until final product is seen.
Then ... I scour youtube for real NBA footage and notice the crowd isn't completely lit up brightly in some scenes. It does have a darker appearance depending on the camera angle, sort of. I do notice some shows in the below real NBA footage that the crowd is sitting in the dark. But has NBA2k ever had fans brightly lit regardless of camera angle. So who the heck knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
I think maybe the crowd being dark may be because rendering several thousand fans along with so many other visuals as well as 10 players, up to 20 bench players, coaches etc. it probably would cause hella frame rate drops.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I have considered that as being the reason. I think this is also one of the reason why MLB the Show would sometimes blur out the fans in the stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It's all angles and what is shown. The pics from the Gamestop Expo show them playing from broadcast view and in broadcast view you only see the lower bowl. Most of the lighting is correct on the lower bowl, the issue is the mid to upper decks of the arenas that seem too dark in most arenas. They also have a lack of lighting at the corners (ends of the floor) in the lower bowl. I just want this back at the least for some of the arenas:
There was another better photo from that Gamestop event that shows a more darkened crowd from broadcast view however. I'll see if I can find it.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #62
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Ah ok....gotcha....thanks lakers

Also did Bropez cut his hair over the summer? If not it looks like they still don't have his hair updated...

Assuming that's a recent build...

Bropez has a tendency to cut his hair some seasons and have his curly in others and sometimes he grows it out from the low cut during the season, so it's hard to get a feel on what he'll rock. But the most recent Brook is low Brook:
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
I think maybe the crowd being dark may be because rendering several thousand fans along with so many other visuals as well as 10 players, up to 20 bench players, coaches etc. it probably would cause hella frame rate drops.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I do think it may be because of the console limitations. I know some would bring up other sports titles having fully lit arenas with more fans (Madden and Fifa, and even NHL with all their unique fans), but these games have different engines and the players in 2k are of a lot higher quality than those in other titles so that may be why crowds have been darkened so much.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #63
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah they changed the line colors
They made huge changes. I'm shocked. Not only the line colors, but I see the basketball is no longer behind the Bull logo at center court either. Bulls haven't had that look since Chicago Stadium closed it's doors.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #64
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Bropez has a tendency to cut his hair some seasons and have his curly in others and sometimes he grows it out from the low cut during the season, so it's hard to get a feel on what he'll rock. But the most recent Brook is low Brook:
Spoiler

I do think it may be because of the console limitations. I know some would bring up other sports titles having fully lit arenas with more fans (Madden and Fifa, and even NHL with all their unique fans), but these games have different engines and the players in 2k are of a lot higher quality than those in other titles so that may be why crowds have been darkened so much.

how did you get my name in that second quote?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »