Home

so only 10 college teams?

This is a discussion on so only 10 college teams? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:13 PM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: so only 10 college teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
The thing with Kentucky and pretty much any other school not originally listed on the CLC site is that even if they weren't listed there (and even for teams that were) we can't say for sure whether they're in the game or not. When this process started and the covers were revealed for the game, it was clear that Kentucky wasn't in the game as all Kentucky trademarks were edited off of Anthony Davis and the rest of his cover. At some point 2K apparently licensed Kentucky because they ended up appearing in the AD video. For all we know, they've been working behind the scenes this whole time still licensing schools.
Hopefully that is the case. Enough teams for at least a Sweet Sixteen would be nice.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #18
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

OVR: 0

I know when it was found that there was going to be college teams someone asked a UK representative and they denied being licensed for the game. Things could changed or they just didn't have permission to discuss it yet.

I'm glad there will be a college part but if there aren't more than 10 teams I really hope we can just create the school .
Old 09-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #19
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Only? We had 0 last year.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
so looking through the college teams you can choose for your player, it seems a bit thin to me? No kentucky, no duke or unc, no cuse etc etc.. will these teams still have a chance at getting in or are we stuck with the 10 that are confirmed?
My dude said ONLY 10

Old 09-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #21
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6

Not for certain but I think UK Twitter account had something about being in the game the other day. Not sure if it's just Anthony Davis portion or in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #22
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
My dude said ONLY 10

THANK YOU! Dudes are just... SMH. LOL.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #23
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Come on, guys, let's be thankful for what we DO have.

I mean, yeah, I'd prefer more teams from the Lone Star State, like Texas A&M, Texas Tech, or even North Texas, but I'll be fine with just the Longhorns. Heck, I'm happy there are college teams AT ALL.

Look, I just prefer to count my blessings, okay?

I used to take air conditioning for granted. Then Hurricane Ike came through in 2008, knocking out our power for three days. I had to sleep and wake up in a puddle of my own sweat, it was so hot and humid. My family was lucky--we were one of the first households to get power back, and I've thanked the Powers That Be for air conditioning ever since.

It's like that, okay? They don't HAVE to make it this good...but they not only do, they HIRE people from Operation Sports who know what they're talking about, like Czar and Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19).

I'm thankful. I don't sweat the small stuff. It's not like the game is constantly crashing.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #24
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0

Hmmm, I wonder if they do something like the old NCAA football games. Remember the "high school state tournament."

You pick a school, but the jump to the tourney and only the licensed teams remain. Maybe you jump to the Sweet 16; but then that means 2k would have to buy the rights to March Madness, or just call it a generic tourney.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »