Home

Is it me, or did 2K force you to do back scratcher dunks when none are equipped?

This is a discussion on Is it me, or did 2K force you to do back scratcher dunks when none are equipped? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it me, or did 2K force you to do back scratcher dunks when none are equipped?

In the Parks specifically.

I went out of my way to remove all back scratcher dunk packages from My Player, yet he still performs them at the most inopportune times.

And ALWAYS when I'm on a fast break with defenders behind me ready to swat the ball away. This has happened so much to the point that I no longer believe it to be a coincidence.

I think you can categorize this along with shot clock cheese and rubberbanding as another hidden mechanic coded into the game to "balance" it.

It seems to be forcing me to perform that kind of dunk in fastbreak scenarios to allow defenders a chance to get a chase down despite me unequipping it.

Whatever the case, I've gotta asked that this is fixed for 2K16.

Anybody else experience this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is it me, or did 2K force you to do back scratcher dunks when none are equipped?

What's shot clock cheese? And I agree, I don't dunk IRL, wish they gave me the opportunity to be 86+ overall w/ ability to be great penetrating the basket and laying it up in traffic while also performing in transition on the break w/ just sweet layups

Sent from my iPhone using Tap
Old 09-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Is it me, or did 2K force you to do back scratcher dunks when none are equipped?

Yea. I literally unequipped all dunks that leave the ball exposed on my guys. I have a C SF & PG and they ALWAYS end up doing dunks that I don't even have equipped. I don't understand it. But you're not alone.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #4
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
What's shot clock cheese? And I agree, I don't dunk IRL, wish they gave me the opportunity to be 86+ overall w/ ability to be great penetrating the basket and laying it up in traffic while also performing in transition on the break w/ just sweet layups

Sent from my iPhone using Tap
A issue that 2k states does not exist where if you wait until the last second to take a shot you have a better chance of making it even if the shot is heavily contested and a catch phase Chris Smoove uses to sell tee shirts and all his parrots keep repeating
Old 09-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #5
MVP

I can tell you from experience that, yes, you can be forced to perform dunks that you don't have equipped. Been like this for the last couple of years. I've also figured that something is coded into the game to give the defender a chance to play defense at the worst times. That's why I just lay the ball up on fast breaks and other situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Certain dunk packages have "backscratchers" in them that aren't specifically called backscratchers. Under Basket Athletic Flushes and Athletic hangs off 2 come to mind. I have never had a problem with my players doing dunks that aren't equipped. To limit this its best to only equip a select few of the safer dunk packages. Just watch the preview for the package all the way through and dnot equip those that show your player cocking it back
Old 09-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #7
Pro

shot clock cheese used to legit exist in older 2K's (hidden under "clutch factor") but I think they took that stuff out for the current versions-- hopefully someone can confirm.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #8
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

I also wish there was an option to "take the safe alley-oop."

I hate running a fast break with a 7'2" dude and the alley I throw goes about head level for the defender standing on the ground.

Throw that thing up where only the big dude can reach it. Not down low to do some spinning under the leg dunk; which gets blocked...a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »