Home

NBA 2K16 CAP Rundown???

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 CAP Rundown??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #9
Rookie

Papesowish's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 CAP Rundown???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I have always wanted to be able to give real NBA players and CAPs "nicknames" like we can with our MyPlayer. I had a Bulls MyLeague running last year where I started calling Doug McDermott "money" because he was splashing 3s in the clutch. It would have been cool to actually give him that as his nickname in the edit player screen and have the commentators call him that from time to time.
Thanks for bringing this up. This just reminded me of ANOTHER broken feature for CAPs in NBA 2K15. If your CAP was given a name that wasn't pronounceable in the game, it assigned them a RANDOM nickname. WTF was that? You couldn't change it or edit it. I had slow-footed 7 foot centers being called "Little General" and "The Quick" by the commentators... It really hurt the immersion in myLeague once a lot of created draftees started becoming stars. I remember Willie Cauley-Stein being called "Shorty" or something. Lol.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #10
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

NBA 2k has been my favorite console game every single year, and 2k16 is probably going to top them all, but when it comes to created players - I can't remember the last time this was done right. It's just awful.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:21 AM   #11
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah..Creating draft classes was a struggle.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 02:13 AM   #12
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Yeah, the CAP needs more reference points to edit on the faces/head and the scale needs to dramatically alter a face (this is a legacy issue though and the only game I can remember where I created players that didn't look a like was wrestling).
Old 09-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #13
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

I don't think it was terrible, but it was a nice stepping stone. Some of the things I want CAPs in the future:
- Headbands
- More reference points
- Some more hairstyles (If an NBA player has a certain hairstyle, I should be able to use it.)
- Tattoos
- Photo Scanning
- Body Types
- Aging

But I think facial scanning from a photo in general can be a nice start.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:03 AM   #14
Rookie

Icon14 Re: NBA 2K16 CAP Rundown???

YESSSSS!!!! Man I hope 2k see this, I agree 100%!! CAP always disappoint, they only care about MyPlayer..smh. Well what about the draft classes who have hella tats and different hairstyles? Are NBA players like Stephon Marbury that we might want to make up, with the lack of tats and in dept face creating that's hard to do.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:59 AM   #15
MVP

Body types is my biggest thing. I have a 7 footer with max weight, but he just looks so scrawny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #16
Rookie

To be completely honest, all this creation will mean nothing to me if we can't use it for our CAP's. IMO I'll rather have MyLeague than MyCareer. That's one of the reasons 2k14 had to be one of the wackest 2k's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »