Home

NBA 2k16 impressions from GameStop Expo

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 impressions from GameStop Expo within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #49
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2k16 impressions from GameStop Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishListGOD 1 OF 2
Attention to details 2k, im Loving it. Pre ordered in July and the wait is now killing me, i keep checking OS like evey 15 mins lol, this marketing strategy might have worked .
I feel like 2K's marketing has the same effect every year. They are relatively quiet deep into August and fans get restless: "where's the info!", "2K is falling off!", "this is gong to be a .5 year". Then September comes along and they hit us with a trailer and an info dump and all the sudden people are praising 2K like they're gods.

I gotta say though it works. Within the past two weeks I went from "I hope 2K is a good one this year. Info should be dropping soon" to "OMG I can't wait for the 25th! Any more info! Videos! Anything!?"
Old 09-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #50
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
dope video. i think the ai in games haven't come far enough yet for a game to not have animations. like what other point of reference is there to simulate realistic movement? it would have to be animated to some degree. i mean graphics today are basically controllable cgi movies imho.

I was thinking something similar the other day. The animations look good but games haven't reached a human, lifelike movement ability just yet. It might be awhile before we reach a point where movement is mimics real life without sacrificing control and responsiveness. It seems like each year 2k is trying to get closer and closer to this goal.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #51
Pro

hesko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I was thinking something similar the other day. The animations look good but games haven't reached a human, lifelike movement ability just yet. It might be awhile before we reach a point where movement is mimics real life without sacrificing control and responsiveness. It seems like each year 2k is trying to get closer and closer to this goal.
knowing this keeps me patient and is one of the many reasons i wish 2k could still make a nfl game. the two things (out of many) that made me switch from ea to 2k was 2k's attention to detail along with making me play the sports digital representation with intelligence. we all know the game isn't perfect, but we'd be fools to not acknowledge that the 2k team is pushing it regardless of the out of hand comments made on these forums at times. based off the info we've recieved on 2k16, it is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrryyy deep game. can't wait to get on the sticks!!!! also can't wait for future iterations after listening to the blogs from the 2k team this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #52
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is another impressions video

Part 1 - Offence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0gszdrxYU

Part 2 - Defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rSDF0PPPiw

Im a noob i don't know how to imbed sorry.

some good info

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 09-08-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #53
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Jr Smith faking a pass to LBJ then shooting it? Sounds about right lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »