Home

SimNation Sim Hangout Tonight taking question (Da_Czar & OG)

This is a discussion on SimNation Sim Hangout Tonight taking question (Da_Czar & OG) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 10:48 PM   #121
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: SimNation Sim Hangout Tonight taking question (Da_Czar & OG)

The part I can't really fathom is how it was stressed that AI subbing is the same (hangout 50 I think).

With CPU adjustments, ACE etc. if Tony Allen is on the bench and I start lighting it up with KD, I would think it would trigger Allen's return to the court.....

Of course, if they say it's the same, it's the same...... I am sure if it's not in there then it will be in future 2Ks.... just curious because it seems like a big part of defensive match ups...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #122
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
The part I can't really fathom is how it was stressed that AI subbing is the same (hangout 50 I think).

With CPU adjustments, ACE etc. if Tony Allen is on the bench and I start lighting it up with KD, I would think it would trigger Allen's return to the court.....

Of course, if they say it's the same, it's the same...... I am sure if it's not in there then it will be in future 2Ks.... just curious because it seems like a big part of defensive match ups...

There literally is not enough time to get to everything. Guys look at all we have done and wonder how we do it. At some point you have to label some things as out of scope for the simple fact there is so much work that a game of this size takes.

Engineer hours are broken down to the hour man. There is quite literally a limit to the amount of work each guy can do and we use up every ounce of that time.

The development is all in the decisions made for time management.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 0

I may have missed this in the barrage of information we've had but does anyone know the answer to this question;

If I start a MyLeague as the Clippers (just using them as a random example). And I go crazy and decide to fire the coach, trade CP3 for a younger PG and to add a little depth... and then I move the team to Montreal or something.

What will happen to the offense?

From what I understand, the offense is tied to the team not the coach, right? But does trading players effect it? Is it tied to the TEAM as in the current roster. Or is it tied to the TEAM as in the franchise?

Will the Clippers will always play like the Clippers regardless of who the coach is or whether or not CP3 I there? Regardless of where the franchise is located? (I've no idea why relocation should change anything, just want to make sure it absolutely doesn't. Could be some sort of glitch). If I play a MyLeague for 10 years and my roster is mostly computer generated players, will they still run the same offense?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #124
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I may have missed this in the barrage of information we've had but does anyone know the answer to this question;

If I start a MyLeague as the Clippers (just using them as a random example). And I go crazy and decide to fire the coach, trade CP3 for a younger PG and to add a little depth... and then I move the team to Montreal or something.

What will happen to the offense?

From what I understand, the offense is tied to the team not the coach, right? But does trading players effect it? Is it tied to the TEAM as in the current roster. Or is it tied to the TEAM as in the franchise?

Will the Clippers will always play like the Clippers regardless of who the coach is or whether or not CP3 I there? Regardless of where the franchise is located? (I've no idea why relocation should change anything, just want to make sure it absolutely doesn't. Could be some sort of glitch). If I play a MyLeague for 10 years and my roster is mostly computer generated players, will they still run the same offense?

Any help is appreciated.
Czar if he's around can confirm or correct me, but here's what I understand:

Each team's offensive play style, in real life created by the coach for the team's (last year) personnel, is hard coded to the franchise, not the players. On defense ACE attaches these play styles & preferences to the coach, but that was not possible to do this year on offense, so the fall back has been to attach this stuff to the team, independent of the players.

So, for example, if you move the Knicks, fire Derek Fisher and make them the Nashville Truckers, they will still run the triangle. They will run it without the offensive strategies coded into the game to create looks for Melo if Melo is no longer there, and ACE will look at the existing personnel and try to be as effective as possible using what's there with a default approach to building strategies around unknown players, but because it's still the old Knicks, the base will be triangle.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #125
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
There literally is not enough time to get to everything. Guys look at all we have done and wonder how we do it. At some point you have to label some things as out of scope for the simple fact there is so much work that a game of this size takes.

Engineer hours are broken down to the hour man. There is quite literally a limit to the amount of work each guy can do and we use up every ounce of that time.

The development is all in the decisions made for time management.

No problems Czar. Sorry if that post came across as a complaint. I was more just trying to confirm than anything. Definitely no complaints here. I just re-read my post and I chose my words poorly. I could see how it came across as ungrateful. Apologies Prez.

Definitely grateful for the hard work put in.

Again, merely just trying to confirm.

Thanks.

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 09-13-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »