Home

SimNation Sim Hangout Tonight taking question (Da_Czar & OG)

This is a discussion on SimNation Sim Hangout Tonight taking question (Da_Czar & OG) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
SimNation Sim Hangout Tonight taking question (Da_Czar & OG)

We have been flooded with information and I was asked to post this so you fellas know.

After reading the blogs, Da_Czar and Scott OG will be interviewed tonight on their own show by Sim Nation host Books Nelson aka Bornindamecca.

It's on every Friday night at 10pm EST and its a blast, especially in the chat room.

Join in, but put your questions in this thread so Books can see them and hopefully he gets to ask them for you live on stream.

Link to the SimHangout Below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xU...ure=youtu.be&a

Last edited by 23; 09-04-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: link provided
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SimNation Sim Hangout Tonight taking question (Da_Czar & OG)

Are you allowed to assign a certain player to make passes?

For example, let's say you run the triangle by your best passing big is not your PF, but your center. Can your center become the one relied upon to make those passing plays?

Have cutting plays been re-worked so that they are actually useful and can actually result in an alley oop instead of a play where the cutter is crowded, preventing a pass.

In regards to new coaches, created coaches developed by the game and players that become coaches in the franchise modes, what happens to them? Do they have a randomized scheme or grades?

For example, if Kobe becomes a coach, does he run the triangle? Does his offense have an A grade because he was a known scorer?

Is there any variation on the types of shots bigs take? In the past the fadeaway was abused and used, in respect to AI controlled bigs, too much. For ex. Guys like Howard and Noah would constantly throw up fadeaways instead of hooks. Has the logic there been reworked? Like are there actual tendencies for the types of shots each big takes and if they look to back the defender down first, etc. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
Banned

1. What lab was Da_Czar built in? What was the ultimate goal of creating a robot that can consume basketball knowledge and how did it end up working for 2k?

2. On the topic of the adaptive coaching engine and all 30 coaches having their own style. What happens when you're about 10 years into MyLeague and your coach isn't one of the 30 current head coaches. Will he still have his own style? Will he be based on one of the 30? Will all the other coaches be the same in their approach to the game?
Old 09-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #4
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
1. What lab was Da_Czar built in? What was the ultimate goal of creating a robot that can consume basketball knowledge and how did it end up working for 2k?

2. On the topic of the adaptive coaching engine and all 30 coaches having their own style. What happens when you're about 10 years into MyLeague and your coach isn't one of the 30 current head coaches. Will he still have his own style? Will he be based on one of the 30? Will all the other coaches be the same in their approach to the game?

To go along with this, what effect if any does coaching style have on minutes as well as morale?

Can players in my league and my gm be frustrated because they don't feel that they can fit the system?

If a coach prefers to use small ball, will that actually have an impact on decisions made by the gm or the minutes that a legitimate center would play on that roster?

Will players factor in the head coaches scheme when picking teams in FA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #5
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Thanks, 23!

That's right fellas(and ladies I know you're here). No panel tonight. Straight up Interview so you guys can hear the fellas go in depth about today's news, straight from the source. We're looking to cover and explain the info as well as give an opportunity for some direct feedback and questions from you all. I'll be checking this thread for questions, but the BEST chance to get your question answered is to be in the chat. After the interview we're going to hit the chat for questions.

Quick note: The questions should be on topic. Keep it related to today's blogs and I'll try my best to make sure it's heard. MyCareer news is coming later and we don't want to risk letting something slip at the wrong time answering off topic questions. The devs have the green light to talk about anything announced today, so let's get in there and squeeze every drop out of a great news day for Sim and 2k fans.

See you at 10est!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
Banned

Oh and this isn't a simnation type question but I've asked it for every Q&A. Can someone please confirm that;

A) Hockey substitutions are a thing of the past.

And

B) Coaches will sub guys in and change the lineup to take advantage of a mismatch?
Old 09-04-2015, 06:11 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Thanks, 23!

That's right fellas(and ladies I know you're here). No panel tonight. Straight up Interview so you guys can hear the fellas go in depth about today's news, straight from the source. We're looking to cover and explain the info as well as give an opportunity for some direct feedback and questions from you all. I'll be checking this thread for questions, but the BEST chance to get your question answered is to be in the chat. After the interview we're going to hit the chat for questions.

Quick note: The questions should be on topic. Keep it related to today's blogs and I'll try my best to make sure it's heard. MyCareer news is coming later and we don't want to risk letting something slip at the wrong time answering off topic questions. The devs have the green light to talk about anything announced today, so let's get in there and squeeze every drop out of a great news day for Sim and 2k fans.

See you at 10est!
Quoted so its not missed
Old 09-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Books its me teebone21, big question for me " how does individual players defensive IQ affect the game now as well as on ball defense ratings? Will I be able to lockdown people with Jimmer Ferdette just because he is user controlled or will the rating of the guy i control matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »