Home

NBA 2k16: Learning The Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16: Learning The Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
NBA 2k16: Learning The Game

Greetings,

I am coming back to the 2k series based on the goodness of the promised dynamic CPU AI. This game is like a whole other level.

My question is this: I don't know a lot about basketball plays and philosophy. Has there been any talk about how players who don't know much about the game can learn it? I would love to be able to learn all of these different offensive plays and concepts and how to actually run it. I would love to learn all of these different defensive concepts also.

I really hope they have something that can teach us who don't really understand basketball.

Thanks,
ZB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2k16: Learning The Game

I doubt it, but there's always YouTube

Youtube.com/sleepynate718
Twitter.com/ryanjnate
Old 09-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Bballbreakdown

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ShSEctGokM
Old 09-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

There is supposedly a practice mode again this year where u can run and learn plays in a 5v5 setting.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

It would be cool if 2k added a skills trainer like madden to teach the game or new controls to new players. If you teach them sim way to play you might get more sim basketball all around.

Funny story... I played 1 of my players in 2k in vegas a few weeks back and he was horrible as far as sim go's. He would just sprint and shoot with Malo all game. I said why don't you do this or that? I also went in to chNge defensive settings. The whole team started laughing going what are you doing? I said coaching, they laughed and all said they didn't even know you could do all that stuff. So we had a quick 30 minute tutorial on me teaching my team how to play video game basketball! Lol the funny thing was (we were there for a week) as the week went on they started using the stuff and calling plays and they had so much more fun and the games got pretty good.

The point being I was surprised they didn't know (or were to overwhelmed) to try all the tools that are in the game. I love the madden skills trainer as it taught me concepts I knew nothing about before hand. I've always loved football but not like basketball. I only think this could be a positive for Timmy as well as a guy like me to learn new controls even though I've played every 2k ever made. It would be cool to see plays taught, high low concepts, pick n roll concepts, coaching adjustments, how to post up, etc.

Actually wasn't something like this in the game at some point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
It would be cool if 2k added a skills trainer like madden to teach the game or new controls to new players. If you teach them sim way to play you might get more sim basketball all around.

Funny story... I played 1 of my players in 2k in vegas a few weeks back and he was horrible as far as sim go's. He would just sprint and shoot with Malo all game. I said why don't you do this or that? I also went in to chNge defensive settings. The whole team started laughing going what are you doing? I said coaching, they laughed and all said they didn't even know you could do all that stuff. So we had a quick 30 minute tutorial on me teaching my team how to play video game basketball! Lol the funny thing was (we were there for a week) as the week went on they started using the stuff and calling plays and they had so much more fun and the games got pretty good.

The point being I was surprised they didn't know (or were to overwhelmed) to try all the tools that are in the game. I love the madden skills trainer as it taught me concepts I knew nothing about before hand. I've always loved football but not like basketball. I only think this could be a positive for Timmy as well as a guy like me to learn new controls even though I've played every 2k ever made. It would be cool to see plays taught, high low concepts, pick n roll concepts, coaching adjustments, how to post up, etc.

Actually wasn't something like this in the game at some point?
Same experience. My players still laugh at me for calling plays. Great post.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Football and bball are complicated when breaking it down on a simulation level which Madden does an excellent job of doing this year. One year i think 2k should make their own skills trainer because its truly a mystery why so many people who play this game dont know anything about organized basketball.

No even gonna say anything about the park, youtubers or myteam players. Simple things like a reverse pivot post hook over left shoulder in 2k15 are a mystery to them.

Last edited by thedream2k16; 09-07-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

A tutorial when you first start up the game for the first time would be cool sort of like what fight night champion had. Teach us the basic fundamental and in and out of game. Cheesers won't cheat as much I'm guessing if they knew the fundamentals of the game. Won't happen until they get the perfected though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »