Home

The 90 overalls

This is a discussion on The 90 overalls within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:45 PM   #33
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The 90 overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
See what I mean by conundrum? Lol. The guy has moments where he plays like one of the greatest ever, but there's just SOMETHING missing and I seriously can't put my finger on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russell is a great point but I wouldn't say he is a great passer. He is a great primary play maker.

His relentless attacking of the basket, speed and athleticism put him at elite level.

The funny thing is you could probably put him close to to the top probably in the top or top 3 in finishing ability in the paint, and speed for a pg. I am talking about probably in the history of the NBA.

His jumper is shaky though but his defense is above average.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:11 PM   #34
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
See what I mean by conundrum? Lol. The guy has moments where he plays like one of the greatest ever, but there's just SOMETHING missing and I seriously can't put my finger on it

It's his decision making man. I know it's been said millions of times, but for someone of his talent level and explosiveness to be at 43% shooting for his career and just under 4 TOs a game speaks volumes. (42% and 4.4 TOs last season)
Old 09-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #35
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd like to see Westbrook in the 90s. He was playing at MVP level last year but they just couldn't secure the wins.....

Davis instead wouldn't leave me disgruntled though. Huge fan, the man's a BEAST and will win MVPs/rings IMO.

I noticed Westbrook lift in general as a team mate this past season. His decision making, passing and just general maturity was much better. I actually heard he spent the previous off season watching himself on tape and learnt the importance of controlling his temper and general body language to make himself a better team mate. I think it was in preparation of the fact KD was going to be out etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #36
Rookie

yonly1ME's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Russell is a great point but I wouldn't say he is a great passer. He is a great primary play maker.

His relentless attacking of the basket, speed and athleticism put him at elite level.

The funny thing is you could probably put him close to to the top probably in the top or top 3 in finishing ability in the paint, and speed for a pg. I am talking about probably in the history of the NBA.

His jumper is shaky though but his defense is above average.
The thing that kills me about Westbrook is his shot selection at times. His mid-range game is much better than his 3-pt shooting, but he takes a lot of ill-advised 3s.

There are times when he gets tunnel vision and has open guy to pass to, but doesn't make that pass. (I know he avg 8.0+ apg)

Ex: Thunder playing the Bulls, end of the game he runs PnR with Ibaka. Ibaka pops and has the open mid-range jumper but Westbrook forced up a tough shot.

Still, doesn't change the fact Westbrook is one of the better players in the NBA today. Plus how can you not love a guy who has a motor like his?
Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #37
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11
The 90 overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
Duncan

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

Considering how people freaked last year when he was a 90 that they changed it before he played a game I doubt he's it. He's a 87-88 anyways.

Last edited by stlpimpmonsta; 09-10-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:59 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

No disrespect to harden or curry cause i like them both. But Durant being only 91 is a little disrespectful. Even while playing injured last year he was unstoppable and I have no doubt he will dominate next season

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #39
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
No disrespect to harden or curry cause i like them both. But Durant being only 91 is a little disrespectful. Even while playing injured last year he was unstoppable and I have no doubt he will dominate next season

I think it's a good starting point, and would have been fine with him starting off around 88. And that's coming from a big Thunder fan. Even if he's fully healthy (please, please, please let him be healthy), there'll be some rust to work off those first few weeks with as much time as he's missed.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial

IMHO he shouldn't even be in the 90s. He was injured. There's no way of knowing how well he'll recover.

I'm confident he'll go back to his dominant ways and his rating will go up. But until we actually see that I think a 91 is generous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »