Home

Final NBA 2K15 Review: Gameplay experience after one year of patches and pratice

This is a discussion on Final NBA 2K15 Review: Gameplay experience after one year of patches and pratice within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Final NBA 2K15 Review: Gameplay experience after one year of patches and pratice

This is my last 2k15 video. Nothing like playing an entire game and showing it to OS members to open up discussion. This was a LAC vs GSW game on HOF SIM, let me know what you think. Is a long video since i didn't edit nothing, it was suppose to be an uncut version as much as possible (had to be 30 minutes in length tho). This video is the first half, let's hear it one last time from everybody on their gameplay experience with 2K15 ^^ Send it off correct haha

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Re: Final NBA 2K15 Review: Gameplay experience after one year of patches and pratice

Gotta admit, 2K15 felt much smoother to me. Gameplay in years before felt kinda clunky to me. This was the year I could jump in and enjoy myself on HOF or Superstar, with Simulation. MyLeague was a great addition. I remember starting up one where I played every game while controlling every team, and enjoyed myself greatly while doing that. I'm doing that again now.

I hate it when people complain about the servers. Yeah, they're bad, but if they're bad, you should take time to play offline. 2K15, as an offline game, was amazing. I'd give offline an 8 or a 9 out of ten.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: Final NBA 2K15 Review: Gameplay experience after one year of patches and pratice

A bigger comment on more than just gameplay: Every single sports game should have, no, MUST have the equivalent of MyLeague. Where us sim heads can dive in and create an experience exactly the way we want. No restrictions, no silly features that we can't turn off, no online required. Having bought a certain NFL football game for the first time in a few years, and already being frustrated with all of the limitations, pointless and broke "features", and issues with that game's franchise mode, it makes me appreciate MyLeague all the more. MLB The Show comes very close in terms of giving the user complete control over their own experience. But MyLeague is the gold standard.

Having the ability to adjust every single aspect of how I play the game is what I want in my sports games. With MyLeague, it is so much more than just customizing the game play. Editing players so they perform and behave more like their real life counterparts, complete control over every slider, and so much more.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

This was the first 2k I spent any real time online, since playing 2k11 crew. And goodness gracious the Wisconsin faithfuls broke this game way to easily. This game rewarded the most ridicolous zig Zagging/terrible shots on the planet.

However, I did love the improvements they made to Myleague. As a major Myleague guy it was much appreciated.

Disliked the generic faces for a lot of the Euroleague players.

All in all.. If 2k11 was a 9.5/10 for me this game was a 8. It was solid.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Wish I had a son or brother let alone a sister (19:46 mark) that liked 2K as much as I do. You should strongly consider a dual-commentary. That would be awesome! You can see she really digs the game! (Very Cool!)

Based on the 98 point comment, I would guess she's the chesser of the family. J/K

Last edited by RunN1st; 09-10-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
A bigger comment on more than just gameplay: Every single sports game should have, no, MUST have the equivalent of MyLeague. Where us sim heads can dive in and create an experience exactly the way we want. No restrictions, no silly features that we can't turn off, no online required. Having bought a certain NFL football game for the first time in a few years, and already being frustrated with all of the limitations, pointless and broke "features", and issues with that game's franchise mode, it makes me appreciate MyLeague all the more. MLB The Show comes very close in terms of giving the user complete control over their own experience. But MyLeague is the gold standard.

Having the ability to adjust every single aspect of how I play the game is what I want in my sports games. With MyLeague, it is so much more than just customizing the game play. Editing players so they perform and behave more like their real life counterparts, complete control over every slider, and so much more.
i thought "simheads" wanted realism like trade restrictions . Seems you dont want the realistic experience
Old 09-11-2015, 03:37 AM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
i thought "simheads" wanted realism like trade restrictions . Seems you dont want the realistic experience
I think you're simply taking the word "restriction" out of context. I believe what HypoLuxa13 meant was exactly that ... no restrictions to any part of the game. He can do whatever he wants. He wants to be able to replicate the NBA the way he sees fit. He's not referring to the narrow term, "trade restriction." NBA has trade restrictions ... I believe he wants that in.

"Where us sim heads can dive in and create an experience exactly the way we want." - HypoLuxa13
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #8
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I think you're simply taking the word "restriction" out of context. I believe what HypoLuxa13 meant was exactly that ... no restrictions to any part of the game. He can do whatever he wants. He wants to be able to replicate the NBA the way he sees fit. He's not referring to the narrow term, "trade restriction." NBA has trade restrictions ... I believe he wants that in.

"Where us sim heads can dive in and create an experience exactly the way we want." - HypoLuxa13
Hmm, you pretty much answered for me here, thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »