Home

NBA 2K16 Reveals All 12 Teams Added to the Classic Teams List

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Reveals All 12 Teams Added to the Classic Teams List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K16 Adds '06-'07 Cavaliers & '03-'04 Timberwolves to List of Classic Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Meh, not really that excited for either team. I was hoping for the 93 Suns, or 91 Hawks, or 92 Knicks, or 99 Knicks or 2000 Pacers. Well I guess the Lebron fans are happy. So now we will have what ... 3 versions of Lebron in the game I guess? To each is own. Anyway I am glad 2K added more teams even though half of these new teams I wouldn't consider classic, but its nice to see that 2K tried to please alot of fans with the teams added.
Respectfully, the 1991 Hawks are likely classic in terms of age only, and that doesn't necessarily make them more desirable by default. I'd consider most of the additions this year likely better fits for classic/retro/throwback/former-team-brought-back status.

Further, while the 1992 Knicks were a bit different from their already-included 1994 (edit: 1995, thanks, Journey) counterpart, I feel as though that would have been a wasted slot, so to speak, since the already-included squad could likely be easily fashioned to represent the '92 team as it is (create Xavier McDaniel, Mark Jackson).

The only selection issue I have this season would probably be the 2013 Heat, only because that squad is barely a year removed from existing and can so easily still be made.

Either way, if there was going to be three versions of someone, it might as well be LeBron James. Doesn't Michael Jordan have five or so versions at this point now? And Shaquille O'Neal has four? Not to mention Kobe Bryant now has three appearances, ditto Dwyane Wade, Dikembe Mutombo, Charles Oakley, and of course, Paul Mokeski.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-10-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #58
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K16 Adds '06-'07 Cavaliers & '03-'04 Timberwolves to List of Classic Teams

I'm happy with every new classic team, minus the '13 Heat. They're taking up a spot that could've went to the Nets.

Hopefully LD was right when he said there's always room for more. People will PAY for more teams. At least I know I would.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners
Old 09-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #59
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Reveals All 12 Teams Added to the Classic Teams List

I'm Surprised no Spurs team made the cut.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #60
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Ray
I'm Surprised no Spurs team made the cut.
Im not, but at least they do have a team in the game with D Rob
Old 09-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #61
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You all can't be serious that you don't want to be playing with the 06-07 Cavs. Larry.... Friggin... Hughes.

Wishing we got the D-Miles/Larry Hughes/LBJ rookie team, but I'll take a Big Z/LBJ team.

How could you not want to play with a guy who has an entire website dedicated to him:

http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakin...ybadshots.com/

I'll trade him and put him onto the Wizards with MJ.

Not interested in any Bron team. Yeah, I'm a *****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #62
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0

Will these teams be in next year or are these for a year only?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
I'm happy with every new classic team, minus the '13 Heat. They're taking up a spot that could've went to the Nets.

Hopefully LD was right when he said there's always room for more. People will PAY for more teams. At least I know I would.
I agree on the first part. It would have been nice to see a Nets squad. And I'm surprised a 2000's Spurs didn't make the cut.

I always balk when paying for teams comes up though. I don't think that's necessary and I always fear when gamers bring it up. If 2K's ability to add all these squads is any indication (not mention securing rights for all the Euroleague players and over 30 songs), they're not really at a point where they need us to pay above the price of admission to have these teams included... unless we beg them to charge us, at which point they may oblige, haha.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #64
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Ummmm amazing?!?!?

Scot Pollard?????

The Mayor???

Wally Szczerbiak?????

Year past his "prime" Michael Olowokandi????

Best year of his career KG?

My "classic players included" MyLeague is going to be smokin' hot this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »