Home

Will MJ actually look like MJ this year?

This is a discussion on Will MJ actually look like MJ this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:31 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Will MJ actually look like MJ this year?

Hmm. We all can just wish and hope at this moment. We can officially find out in exactly 14 days though.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:01 AM   #74
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

There was a single picture of Robert Horry leaked a while back - judging by that, looks like ZERO has been done in terms of jersey/uniform improvement, which will be a HUGE blow to the immersion.

Man, just LISTEN to the authentic arena sounds here from Chicago Stadium in 2k12, and the great commentary in regards to the legends - you get NONE of this now. Zero arena music in retro stadiums, and zero commentary about the legends.

Funnily enough - Benny the Bull's 'uniform' at 8:46 looks like our current gen mess we have now!

Last edited by daveberg; 09-15-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:15 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 3

I'm sure there are great wax statues of most legends at museums somewhere. Couldn't they scan those?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

2k12 was the gold standard for classic rosters. What was packaged in along with the DLC legends on the disc and the reditor program made for some truly amazing roster sets.

2k11-2k13 had such long shelf lives because of the custom rosters.

There is no reason the team at 2k can't get the classic teams in 2k16 to this level. It's really a shame they abandoned this aspect of the game for the past few years. It's curious too because you have to assume the developers know there is a fairly large and passionate community of players that love the retro teams and custom rosters.

Here's hoping they come correct this season with great looking classic teams, a better CAP system and easier roster customization and sharing.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
There was a single picture of Robert Horry leaked a while back - judging by that, looks like ZERO has been done in terms of jersey/uniform improvement, which will be a HUGE blow to the immersion.

Man, just LISTEN to the authentic arena sounds here from Chicago Stadium in 2k12, and the great commentary in regards to the legends - you get NONE of this now. Zero arena music in retro stadiums, and zero commentary about the legends.

Funnily enough - Benny the Bull's 'uniform' at 8:46 looks like our current gen mess we have now!

Wow ...they don't even have his signature compression shorts or chalk ritual in 2k14-15... Ridiculous. The Greatest of all time..they need to do something about this...its almost like they are taking for granted that he is allowing his likeness to be used.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #78
Rookie

I definitely agree they're taking him for granted. How amazing would it be to have Jordan fully transition into the next generation of consoles properly and take advantage of everything the more powerful consoles have to offer. Everything about him should be improved by now.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #79
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbthegreat
I definitely agree they're taking him for granted. How amazing would it be to have Jordan fully transition into the next generation of consoles properly and take advantage of everything the more powerful consoles have to offer. Everything about him should be improved by now.
I don't play with the current teams as it is, if they had Jordan and the other legends down, 100% - I'd be hard pressed to put my controller down....as it stands though, even with all of the great things they've added this year, I think we're all in for more of the same.

Bad cyberfaces, horrendous uniforms and no arena sounds. Almost makes me want to go back to 2k12....

Old 09-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #80
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I don't play with the current teams as it is, if they had Jordan and the other legends down, 100% - I'd be hard pressed to put my controller down....as it stands though, even with all of the great things they've added this year, I think we're all in for more of the same.

Bad cyberfaces, horrendous uniforms and no arena sounds. Almost makes me want to go back to 2k12....

your obsession with jordan and extreme hate for lebron is a bit disturbing
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »