Home

BDouble0100 NBA 2k16 Team up Impressions

This is a discussion on BDouble0100 NBA 2k16 Team up Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #57
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: BDouble0100 NBA 2k16 Team up Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
The hand off mechanic and the send player to the basket pass mechanic sounds great - I really want to try Bulls with Noah. Dribble pitch and Rose back cuts.....

2BG did say you can't cancel the pass if you send a player to the basket which is disappointing. That is basic read and react stuff which I really hope gets fixed and not forgotten. Look at the back door, if it's not on, go to the next option. But if we're committed to passing it, then I will not use that mechanic..... too big a limitation.

Really hope they fix that in some sort of update/patch or whatever.

But the call for team mate and dribble pitch. GREAT.

IF you have the stick skill you can press b while holding the lead to basket and he will do a pass fake.

Also I was wrong when I said earlier you can fake the handoff. You can cancel it before he arrives but you can't fake it once he is in handoff range. My bad I got those two confused.

In a handoff Play you not pass and hit another option but not using the handoff control.

SO lead pass can be cancelled by fake passing but handoff can only be cancelled before he arrives.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #58
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks - last one....

Did you notice if there was any signature stuff in the post (jabs, moves etc.) or much the same as 2K15 in terms of post animations?

I'm thinking things like Al Jefferson up and unders, Dwight hooks across the lane, Blake strange footwork etc.

A lot of detail goes into signature dribbling on the perimeter and even free throw routines but we haven't seen any post quirks replicated to date..... would be amazing to hear if it started to move in this direction aswell...
Old 09-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #59
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
IF you have the stick skill you can press b while holding the lead to basket and he will do a pass fake.

Also I was wrong when I said earlier you can fake the handoff. You can cancel it before he arrives but you can't fake it once he is in handoff range. My bad I got those two confused.

In a handoff Play you not pass and hit another option but not using the handoff control.

SO lead pass can be cancelled by fake passing but handoff can only be cancelled before he arrives.
Ah ok - well considering where B is in relation to Y, this shouldn't be too demanding for the human hand.

Thanks Prez! Game changer!
Old 09-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #60
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He's not an accessories guy. He was saying what he saw for the guys who like it. He was throwing everyone a bone man.

I paid little attention to the cards except he had a crap load of VC

Definitely gets better though
Oh I know, And no disrespect to bdubbs but it was definitely a Dory from Finding Nemo moment and I was just like, F it I'll use my last hour of consciousness to watch the SimHangout from the previous night instead lol.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-13-2015, 11:15 AM   #61
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

Hey Man, Very nice stream. A lot of good answers. I'd like to ask about some little things that are part of the game, but not so noticeable.

I mean, I read in some blog that the ace or whatever thing that control each unique characteristic in each player is dynamic. Do the players on each side explore this ? If some guy is in foul trouble will he (CPU AI) be less aggressive on defense (just stand high hands, but not jump).

Will the offense try to explore this guy in foul trouble ? As a User we can just run plays on the guy with foul trouble, but maybe the offensive ACE (User side) can set this, so we can explore ? On the other hand would the CPU AI on Offense do the same ? Do u see situational fouls ? I mean, ending a quarter 3 team fouls, would they make the fourth just to stop the play ? Is it easier to Foul when u want (Make a hard foul on Bigs)? I know we had this on 2k15, but not so effective. What about Offensive fouls, travelling, did u see any ?

Last thing. Turnovers by the CPU, bad passes, errors of communication ?

I know this is very specific, but maybe u saw some of this. Would Be Great, Thanks A Lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #62
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks for answering questions.

Did you notice a difference in defensive closeout speeds from 15 to 16?

Did you see any fouls called on perimeter jump shots?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #63
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

excellent
Old 09-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoubleo

With the 3 new passing buttons (a,b,y) and different passing options within those buttons, passing will require a lot of time to master. But if you commit a turnover, there was probably a better pass that could have helped you avoid it.
Well put, isn't that basketball 101 so yea it's important to know what you could have done better b4 blaming all over on the game itself and knowing this year that the game gives you tons of options to execute.. Cool.

I've enjoyed the stream as far as i could watch and would like to thank you for taking time with us and also thank you to 23 for putting it all together.

Did you see new ways of fouls being called, and also in 2k15 there was that annoying "defenders making" charge calls on his own out of nowhere and just leave the offense have an easy basket and so on, they were like hit with bullet in the chest and you had no control and just left with WTF! moment.. Is it gone you think ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »