Home

Losing Features Every Year?

This is a discussion on Losing Features Every Year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #33
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Losing Features Every Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
So a company that lost the license to the NFL and stopped making NHL, MLB and Tennis games is a company that's run good? Let's look at NBA 2K their
bread and butter most people on this forum did not like NBA 2K15 at all and many people say they haven't liked a game since 2K11.
Just because they stopped making those games that doesn't equal a bad company. You do realize that right? Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe it wasn't making enough of a profit to warrant production of those titles? I know for a fact tennis is a hard sell and EA had a similar problem with a similar sport in golf. They knew damn well that taking Tiger Woods off the branding would result in even lower sells so they threw Rory on it. College basketball games still aren't profitable enough to warrant paying for the licenses either (college football only becomes a profit because of how big football is in this country but even then it's a chore trying to sell a game with generic rosters). MLB wasn't really selling and neither was NHL (funny thing is now people appreciate the NHL 2k series since all they have is the EA game).

Also, just because most didn't like 2k15 does not mean they didn't enjoy it as a whole, or have good moments with the game. You act as if because some people had some issues that automatically means VC sold you NBA 09: The Life or something. People were frustrated, when they're frustrated they vent (they also exaggerate and make hyperbolic statements, but I digress). Throw in the steps 2k16 seems to have taken to make the entire experience better, and you have everything that thread of saying goodbye to 2k15 is.

Last edited by lakers24; 09-13-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #34
Trequartista

10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
If you followed this thread which it appears you clearly haven't....

I posted my thoughts about 2K the company which I 100% stand by and instead of talking about this like normal adults I'm the one that got trolled/ flamed/insulted. If you have a problem with me defending myself I really could careless.

You say my frustrations are baseless accusations and incorrect and give absolutely no reasons why. Also thanks for your advice hopefully others who "attacked" me will follow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My problem wasn't necessarily what you said it's how you said it, although I certainly don't think your claims that 2k is a poorly run company are correct and the evidence you used to backup those claims was mostly speculation. My problem is saying the game is crap and calling people cowards on a forum when they disagree with you. This isn't the place for you to vent your frustrations much less in a manner that attacks other posters. If you have a real complaint back it up with sufficient evidence/examples of how to fix it and be respectful of other posters. If you wish to have a discussion about the game's shortcomings be constructive, it really isn't that difficult.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:21 PM   #35
Rookie

Practice plays mode
AUTO SAVE option on/off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #36
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

A 2K release without online leagues that are not broken is also not needed

bring online leagues back or im not buying it ..period
Old 09-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #37
Pro

Wasn't this thread about features lossed between titles. Man someone sure is cheesed about 2k as a company.

The d league was something nice back than, where you can stash away prospects.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #38
Pro

You guys should listen to the simhangout, OG and da czar talk pretty passionate about developing the game and they mention how it's not always feasible to have every feature implemented so they so have to remove some features year to year.

Unless your a developer, as a consumer we just won't know the ins and outs of a company.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #39
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Chip
Practice plays mode
AUTO SAVE option on/off
What? Those are both in 16
Old 09-13-2015, 11:54 PM   #40
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

This is a classic troll thread.

1. Say something incendiary.
  2. Get criticized.
  3. Go into overdrive dramatics to turn the thread into a conversation about yourself as a victim.
  4. Lather Rinse Repeat.
24, please shut this crap down.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-14-2015 at 12:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »