Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video: Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video: Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #33
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video: Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
I think criticism of some of technical aspects of the game is warranted. But the mistakes that some of the players make on the court in the game are exactly the type of mistakes that players make in real life. We should only be expecting great decision making a high percentage of the time from the best of teams.
Also, as far as I know, we don't know the setting of thsee videos. Will the CPU make the same mistakes on higher difficulties or on the sim setting? If not will sliders cause the CPU to play smarter?

I also think people forget that like in real life players don't always make the 100% correct decision so we can't expect a videogame's AI to always react perfect. In fact it would be less realistic if players always reacted correctly.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Didn't like that Jamal Crawford (a notoriously poor defender) was able to body up Harden on the perimeter and stay in front even though he was human - controlled. I also didn't like the ugly *** Clippers jerseys (not 2K's fault) and too many fade away shots in the low post.

I did like all the new/updated head scans and the nice alley-oop animation. The new scans are going be very apparent when you have teammates of a similar height (Clint Capela and Dwight) but vastly different builds. Didn't anyone spot Glen Davis and whether he finally stops looking like Shrek's black son?

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
This is the exact what i was going to post and the thing i feared most when 2k talked about improved defense. There is NO WAY Crawford should have been able to stay with harden after almost 3 consecutive moves. Great defenders have problems staying with harden, so there's no way Crawford should.

There's nothing wrong with improving defense, but this is still an nba simulation and player strengths and weaknesses have to accounted for or the game becomes arcadey.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #35
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Didn't like that Jamal Crawford (a notoriously poor defender) was able to body up Harden on the perimeter and stay in front even though he was human - controlled. I also didn't like the ugly *** Clippers jerseys (not 2K's fault) and too many fade away shots in the low post.
What would have you liked to see happen instead ? Harden isn't doing anything special, Crawford may be a bad defender but he's no ghost either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #36
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

If it was in 2k15 then I must have missed it, but I caught a cool catch animation by Corey Brewer at 3:45. He was about to receive a cross court pass from Harden in the corner and simultaneously checked his feet and tried to step behind the line while catching the ball before he took the jumper. He still stepped on the line when he shot, though lol.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #37
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I agree. Though, I believe many may argue that's the essence of Greg Anthony.
I am neutral on Greg Anthony as an announcer but I immediately missed the chemistry Kerr built up over the past couple of years.

The convo Anthony and Kellog had regarding being dunked on. This year the chemistry is stretched between the two but I bet down the road it will get better and better.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
If it was in 2k15 then I must have missed it, but I caught a cool catch animation by Corey Brewer at 3:45. He was about to receive a cross court pass from Harden in the corner and simultaneously checked his feet and tried to step behind the line while catching the ball before he took the jumper. He still stepped on the line when he shot, though lol.
Nice catch. I dig little things like that. Unfortunate that he appeared to be stepping back to the sideline but then shot comfortably over the line with both feet.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #39
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
What would have you liked to see happen instead ? Harden isn't doing anything special, Crawford may be a bad defender but he's no ghost either.
Get by him or get a blocking foul from all that bumping on the perimeter. And if you've seen Jamal's defense you would notice that he is practically a ghost of defense.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #40
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

i like what i see. 2k16 seems to retain all of the good qualities of 2k15, but builds more on top of it.

i'm seeing great contextual animations that are effective and situation-appropriate (much like in 2k15)...but in this 2k16 vid you see a lot more variation and realism to the movement...each movement is even more polished and even more appropriate for each specific situation....pretty much what i was hoping for. i'm happy. movement still seems like it FEELS effective, but there is just less of a visual hitch and movements seem to blend together better.

contact still looks good to me. i see appropriate contact when there should be, and said contact seems to affect shots success and alter shot animations appropriately.

i like that i'm seeing more missed contested turn-arounds and more missed contact layups. too many layups went in last year when there was contact, and in 2k15 it seemed like turn-around jumpers were pretty much automatic even with a hand in their face. seems like defense and contact cause more misses now, which is obviously good.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-14-2015 at 03:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »