Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:31 AM   #73
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans

I can't tell if they added the correct size leg sleeves for Durant but it looks like it. The ones last year were too long and you couldn't wear longer socks that leave skin showing. All of this looks phenomenal and I can't wait to cop for sure!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:55 AM   #74
Rookie

The footplanting looks unreal...looks real smooth alot better then last year.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #75
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
i think this was mentioned in the post. just to add on.

at the 2:10 minute mark, augustine was triple team and he swung the ball over to KD at the top of the arc (saw that he came out from the double screen on the other side of the court, looks like CPU running a script in a play). KD swung it to westbrooks, where his man kept a close proximity to him (not prepared for help).

firstly, I thought the triple team shouldnt happen. secondly, the pass from augustine should go to collison though he may not have a offense threat but i'm sure he could go to the rim and make a play. guys what do u think?

other than this, i love the look and feel of the gameplay. good commentary by GA. the AD block was definitely awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont see a triple team. What we may be looking at is holiday not switching to cover one of the bigs since he is user controlled. It looks like the user and the defensive settings were doing opposite things. Its not three cpu defenders. One of the guys is user controlled. I am with you on everything else though.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 09-15-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #76
Rookie

A small touch that may go unnoticed is how a screener raises his arm when screening at the top of the key, definitely a nice touch of realism for those of us who hated doing that in basketball practice lol

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #77
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans

Im really suprised how good the game looks and i am not talking about the graphics .

Honestly, the last nba 2k games weren't what I hope they would be. It wasn't a bad game, but i just didn't like the direction 2k was headed. It wasn't the simulation basketball experience i was hoping for.

After watching the short gameplay videos, i do believe that with 2K16 you guys are back on track.

Most of the dislikes has be said so i just list all q few things that l really liked in all of the gameplay vids.

• opposing pgs can be defended hard from half court.
  • the AI doesn't look aimless on Off&Def
also the AI is very active
  • From what I saw, teams have different approaches to Off&Def
  • the difference between players can now be seen.
For example: CP3 (buffed) , Jrue Holiday (taller, long limps, shoulders not big) and Ty Lawson.
  • fluid movements in almost every situation

I'm hyped!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #78
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I dont see a triple team. What we may be looking at is holiday not switching to cover one of the bigs since he is user controlled. It looks like the user and the defensive settings were doing opposite things. Its not three cpu defenders. One of the guys is user controlled. I am with you on everything else though.
There was a triple team, and even though it certainly was the user controlled player creating the triple crowded congestion, I would have liked to have seen the two other New Orleans player recognize the user controlled player had stepped into the vicinity to re-guard the Thunder's ball handler. Secondly, it was strange the way the two New Orleans players' were lined up while creating a double team (they were standing back to back in a straight line as opposed to creating a two man wall/barrier on either side, left and right; notice their shadows under their feet).

Yes, the user probably should have switched as well, but the thing is the user chose not to switch in which case I would have hoped his teammates would recognize and adapt.

Adaptive behavior and adaptive artificial intelligence is what I would have liked to have seen the user's own teammate embody. It's great that the CPU has a new artificial intelligence in place but what about the user's own teammates. I might be wrong, but if I as the user does something unsound, I would hope my teammates would adapt and compensate for my unsound behavior.

Anyways, I would just chuck this one up as a fluke, hopefully.

Higher resolution

Lower resolution

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-15-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #79
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
There was a triple team, and even though it certainly was the user controlled player creating the triple crowded congestion, I would have liked to have seen the two other New Orleans player recognize the user controlled player had stepped into the vicinity to re-guard the Thunder's ball handler. Secondly, it was strange the way the two New Orleans players' were lined up while creating a double team (they were standing back to back in a straight line as opposed to creating a two man wall/barrier on either side, left and right; notice their shadows under their feet).

Yes, the user probably should have switched as well, but the thing is the user chose not to switch in which case I would have hoped his teammates would recognize and adapt.

Adaptive behavior and adaptive artificial intelligence is what I would have liked to have seen the user's own teammate embody. It's great that the CPU has a new artificial intelligence in place but what about the user's own teammates. I might be wrong, but if I as the user does something unsound, I would hope my teammates would adapt and compensate for my unsound behavior.

Anyways, I would just chuck this one up as a fluke, hopefully.

Higher resolution

Lower resolution

If the defensive setting is to switch everything then thats on the user. I would want my guys to follow the setting and not improvise. On second look it seems like both guys switch on the double screen and that is why they are doing the same thing. Had he took user control over 1 of the bigs there would have been single coverage all around is my guess. So i am good with this result. Otherwise, you would have defenders going rouge.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-15-2015, 04:43 PM   #80
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If the defensive setting is to switch everything then thats on the user. I would want my guys to follow the setting and not improvise. On second look it seems like both guys switch on the double screen and that is why they are doing the same thing. Had he took user control over 1 of the bigs there would have been single coverage all around is my guess. So i am good with this result. Otherwise, you would have defenders going rouge.
Thanks for this I think you guys may have found the first bug. On switch double teams they both were picked so they both switched even if it didn't make sense. One should have rotated back realistically hopefully that is fixed on the first patch.

The question is how would guys like the AI to disobey a command in an instance like this

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »