Home

Gameplay criticisms after watching gameplay footage

This is a discussion on Gameplay criticisms after watching gameplay footage within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Gameplay criticisms after watching gameplay footage

What we nitpick out of what we see rather than what we yet to feel is not that correct to my point of view.

Though positive criticism is always helpful for sure but; don't you guys think it's too early ?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #18
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

All I have to say is you guys are something else lol
Old 09-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

too many swishes.. i didnt like that. it s like ball never hits the side of the rim
Old 09-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

My only issue right now as others have stated are players getting run over and falling down with minimal contact, because that is a physics thing. Other things that can probably be tweaked via sliders, or roster editing, I'm not worried about. Dunk/Sig packages, post move variation/tendencies, etc. are things we can adjust, so if those are the main issues, to me that's a big step forward.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #21
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

It's good to have a negative and a positive thread about the game. If you don't voice the problems the things won't get fixed. Don't voice positives may see for some odd reason that certain thing missing from the next game or even patched out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
My only issue right now as others have stated are players getting run over and falling down with minimal contact, because that is a physics thing. Other things that can probably be tweaked via sliders, or roster editing, I'm not worried about. Dunk/Sig packages, post move variation/tendencies, etc. are things we can adjust, so if those are the main issues, to me that's a big step forward.
I wish it could be adjusted but that wasn't the case in 2K15. No matter what sliders was touched players still fell on their butt to much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 25

I don't like quite a lot of things to be honest.

Players running with the ball or without still don't look athletic to me. I don't like the ball/rim interactions in many instances. I don't like the fact that too many shots go in and out, especially after fouls- more variety needed, in real life ball clangs of every part of the rim possible. I would appreciate players looking lankier- full body scans or not, but I still feel they look too bulky.

I also have a problem with spacing, as defenders, especially on the perimeter, stick to my players like glue. I gather from the vids that spacing/clogging are still issues.

I don't see players beat. That harden dunk for example. It seems that no matter how quick you are or how great a cross you pull the defender always stays with you. I would love to create space for an uncontested or poorly contested jumper by pump faking or simply crossing my defender-I might be wrong but a see that it is still very difficult to do as there is too much reliance on screens and pnr. It's connected to the clogging/spacing issues I reckon.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #23
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

OVR: 0

My one gripe is that i don't have the game in my hands yet.

Last edited by Ray Vibes; 09-14-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Brokedan's Arena

OVR: 0

I saw little things here and there but the only thing I really disliked was in the Houston gameplay when Harden received a pass, I saw an old "receiving" animation that was slow to respond or "break out" of from 2K15.

All I could think about was how many people I'm going to rip online due to it and as well as wondered to myself why more players don't have animations for tall grabs, one handed grabs and as well as "hot potato" grabs and passes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »