Home

Gameplay criticisms after watching gameplay footage

This is a discussion on Gameplay criticisms after watching gameplay footage within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Gameplay criticisms after watching gameplay footage

A few things I noticed that are still happening in the NBA 2K16 footage. Yes the game looks amazing which only bugs me even more when these things happen.

Way too many overhead passes. I see the CPU throwing passes from over their head to people 5 feet from there. It's completely unrealistic and looks quite ugly. A variety of passing animations is there, but I feel the AI just chooses that one way too much.

Post shot animations. I feel there is definitely a lack of realistic big man finishes down low. Instead of little hook and scoops, I'm seeing big men initiate contact then throw the ball at the rim in a crazy animation. Also, way too much left hand usage. It's almost like the default shooting hand in contact situations.

CPU rushes the ball up the court. We have beautiful walking the ball up animations and yet it seems the CPU rarely uses this. When they sprint up the court every possession it definitely reminds me I'm playing against the CPU. They need to have a more relaxed attitude.

Fix these minor faults and the game will become even better.

What are you seeing from.the gameplay that you'd like to be fixed?
Old 09-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Gameplay criticisms after watching gameplay footage

Other than the possible overuse of fades...we don't have enough evidence to say post animations are lacking IMO

I would say the Mike Conley knockdown is my biggest criticism....I don't know if they are trying to simulate a flop or what but it doesn't look good and feels cheap when it happens.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I think its funny that on OS there are already 3-4 threads pointing out "negatives" and zero that point out the many, many positives. Personally, I feel the positives of these short videos far outweigh the negatives. There's always going to be some less than realistic things thay happen in these games, as no video game will ever 100% mimic real life.

I mean we've seen 15-20 minutes of gameplay and we're already seeing who can name off the most inaccuracies and what "needs to be fixed"? I have no issue with everyone having their own opinion, but it just seems like everyone tries to always post the negative parts of these videos.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

more deflections that go out of bounds, more charges.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

yonly1ME's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Other than the possible overuse of fades...we don't have enough evidence to say post animations are lacking IMO

I would say the Mike Conley knockdown is my biggest criticism....I don't know if they are trying to simulate a flop or what but it doesn't look good and feels cheap when it happens.
Agreed. Another thing that bothered me was James Harden beat Redick off the dribble and did a Back Scratcher off Two which the user blocked from behind using Redick. James Harden would have laid it up IRL.

I have one question from that sequence:

1. Do we still perform dunks that are not assigned in dunk packages?

- I ask this because James Harden is a one foot jumper. I've never seen him dunk off of two feet. Maybe it could be he has dunking packages off of two?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I think its funny that on OS there are already 3-4 threads pointing out "negatives" and zero that point out the many, many positives. Personally, I feel the positives of these short videos far outweigh the negatives. There's always going to be some less than realistic things thay happen in these games, as no video game will ever 100% mimic real life.

I mean we've seen 15-20 minutes of gameplay and we're already seeing who can name off the most inaccuracies and what "needs to be fixed"? I have no issue with everyone having their own opinion, but it just seems like everyone tries to always post the negative parts of these videos.
I don't feel the need to praise the game, but I do feel the need to point out which parts of the game disconnect me from the experience as a whole. The only reason minor things like these are even noticed is because the game as a whole is so good.

I understand no game will be perfect and I'm not asking for unrealistic improvements but everything I've stated seems to be something that's not asking for too much. Just little touches.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I think it happened because Conley came at a bad angle and Jimmy Butler is much stronger and bigger than Conley so he overpowered him. It could've been done better but I believe that's what was happening.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #8
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Hard to tell with that sample but I would definately appreciate seeing post spins, agressive backdowns, hook shots and stepbacks being used by the AI more often.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »