Home

please explain the hype for my team?

This is a discussion on please explain the hype for my team? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: please explain the hype for my team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
2k money printing mode lol
lol..well I won't spend. I don't buy VC and I don't buy MT stuff. I deff don't go around begging for PD players on ever single post, so it will be a grind for me.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #10
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0

I got into it one year and had fun.

In previous years you could decide which of your players got which of the badges; like Corner Three for Craig Ehlo. Everything is unlocked in card packs.

You can save points and spend them on packs, but I think a lot of people buy packs, hence the "money printing mode" comment.

But I haven't played since my group all got 2k. Now we run MyPark and soon to be ProAm nonstop. Playing with your created character with your friends online just can't be beat in my opinion.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
oohh..I didn't think of mixing. don't they have contracts though..you can only use them so long?
They're really cheap. You don't need to spend money if your willing to put in time, but thank God for people that do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by start it up
They're really cheap. You don't need to spend money if your willing to put in time, but thank God for people that do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I guess yall convinced me..I am going to try it this year
Old 09-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #13
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

It just offers a different challenge. You start with a random team of scrubs, and work through different game modes to earn card packs, and hopefully earn better players, etc. Plus it has an NBA Jam style ladder mode called Domination that you can play to earn even more card packs.

Plus, it includes historic players not found in any other game mode. Though it does take a while to earn them because they must either be bought in the auction house or you have to get lucky with your pack opening.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

To me, its about building a team from nothing to something. I don't spend money on the mode, so earning better players is always a good feeling. Even for people who like the chance of opening packs, its exciting. Plus you are forced to play with some players that you may never would have played with. Which helps in myLeague/myGM.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #15
MVP

I get why it's fun. It's saving up/completing challenges to open packs or unlock packs, and building up a great team from scratch. I stopped playing MyTeam though because online play sucks balls and I can't win because of the input lag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #16
Pro

InRodWeTrust's Arena

OVR: 5

I love MT Mode but I hated playing against people on MT because you keep seeing the same teams and same cheese. I love opening packs and getting players. I'm 30 years old and I loved opening a throwback pack and getting players that I used to look up to. My team was composed of basically players I watched as a kid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »