Home

NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER Height Restrictions Revealed Along with 3 Scoring Styles

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER Height Restrictions Revealed Along with 3 Scoring Styles within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 10:35 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Because man, you listed 4 players in the history of the NBA, they are ultra rare type players, let's not see 25 of them out of 40 players in a ProAm.
I get your point, but lets think of the greatest PG in the history of the Game to date,

Alot of peeps wanna be like Magic Johnson, well can't with these limitations...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER Height Restrictions Revealed Along with 3 Scoring Styles

Yes So Happy. Almost exactly what I propose 5 months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
- First teammate grade should be the badge, not rank. (its some garbage Legends out here)

- There should be a negative hit for holding the ball to long (time can be adjusted based on position)

- Shooting % should effect teammate grade also to cut down on the jacking

- Holding the charge for longer than 4 seconds should invoke a bad spacing hit (alternatively if someone is trying to post you in the paint, the charge button should function as the post up button also)

- Allow you to join teams with friends of different parks outside of the Stage (Once Park Championship is over, if it comes back)

- Get Rid of that Legend 3 VIP got next spot hijack

- Skills should be put into 3 Great, Good, and Average rating system (One selection per). Im talking your online character So even if the demigod glitch returns it would be hard capped off from making a difference (offline should have no limits)

Outside Offense (midrange-3point range) (with ball), Inside Offense (from the post up to the elbow)(offense with ball), Defense (and offense without ball) should be the 3 Main categories. Stat rate depends on height, weight, position. Certain badges should be hard locked to certain postions (Centers, P. Fowards shouldnt be able to have Dead Eye, Killer Crossover. PGs SGs shouldnt be able to get Tenacious Rebound, and Posterizer)

At the creation point you have to choose to be great in one thing, good in one, and average in the last.

The great category attributes can be raised to 90-95 (again depend on H,W,P)

The good category attributes can be raised to 84-89 (again depend on H,W,P)

The Average category attributes can be raised to 73-79 (again depend on H,W,P)

This way you cant have a All Around Beast (In the My Park, JRC modes), and it forces team roles, cooperation.

Lets say you choose Great for defense (offense with out ball) but Average for outside offense, and your team has the ball:

You will have a player that can move around the court fast, get in position faster, have the hands to catch flashy passes (deep passes), set great picks,etc, however with the ball in their hands, they are not ideal to bring the ball up the court, they are slower when dribbling because their ball handling is low (kills the zig zag crap), and the 3 point shot is sub-par, etc.

- And Lastly FIX PS4 MYPARK VOICE CHAT. Like Jordan, Kobe, KG, etc. I want to get into the head of my opponents. In 2K14 is was too easy and a lot of fun to get a someone playing hero ball to shoot their team out of the game
Old 09-15-2015, 10:37 PM   #43
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
I get your point, but lets think of the greatest PG in the history of the Game to date,

What about those of us who want to be John Stockton?

All-time leader in assists AND steals.

Again, Magic was an average defender. Hall-of-Famer, but not for defense.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
What about those of us who want to be John Stockton?

All-time leader in assists AND steals.

Again, Magic was an average defender. Hall-of-Famer, but not for defense.
Y'all still can be John Stockton we can't be Magic...So I don't get what your point is there.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Y'all still can be John Stockton we can't be Magic...So I don't get what your point is there.
Because the whole point is to try and limit characters to the prototypical player at their specific position, and not have exceptional players with little to no weakness.

Yea it sucks there are limits (not really), but at the end of the day its still a video game, it HAS to have balance, just like every other competitive game out here

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 09-15-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #46
Rookie

So let's see if anyone remembers this. If we make any size PG 6'0 & up (me actually height 6'3) will we be forced to be a combo guard PG/SG or can we actually be just one position this year True PG ?? This is very much needed cause I dreaded being a combo guard, in real life I'm not just a true point. Doubt anyone would have info on this, but that's a good question if some of you haven't thought of that one yet.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #47
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

There were limits last year but players were so well rounded it didn't matter

For example you couldn't be as fast as John Wall at any position ratings wise because of the cap . These a necessary there's a reason why those players are exceptions to the rules
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd

I'd be ok with Magic if you could choose him as a legend to emulate, and your 3pt shot is locked at a max of 35/100 and your defense is locked at 40/100.

The problem is people want to be like Magic johnson, but with the addition of a good 3pt shot, and stellar defense... You can't have it all lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »