Home

Can't decide which system to get this on....

This is a discussion on Can't decide which system to get this on.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can't decide which system to get this on....

How does PC perform against PS4 when it comes to online lag?

I've played 2K14 on PC for a couple of weeks but roughly 1 out of 3 Team-Up games had just unbearable lag—and I'm not talking about the standard input lag console players are experiencing as well when playing online these days.

Those lags were something else, like stuttering all over the place, really making the whole thing completely unplayable. Only option was to quit and search a new game.

When I read up on it, people assumed this was due to other people joining your games with subpar PCs barely managing to fulfill system requirements, thereby leading to your game stuttering as well.

I figured since consoles are on the same level performance-wise, this wouldn't be an issue and switched to playing 2K14 on PS3. And rightly so. Never experienced a single game with that stutter on PS3.

How did 2K15 perform in this regard on PC? Still an issue or just the standard input lag?
Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #10
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoolBoryCro
How does PC perform against PS4 when it comes to online lag?

I've played 2K14 on PC for a couple of weeks but roughly 1 out of 3 Team-Up games had just unbearable lag—and I'm not talking about the standard input lag console players are experiencing as well when playing online these days.

Those lags were something else, like stuttering all over the place, really making the whole thing completely unplayable. Only option was to quit and search a new game.

When I read up on it, people assumed this was due to other people joining your games with subpar PCs barely managing to fulfill system requirements, thereby leading to your game stuttering as well.

I figured since consoles are on the same level performance-wise, this wouldn't be an issue and switched to playing 2K14 on PS3. And rightly so. Never experienced a single game with that stutter on PS3.

How did 2K15 perform in this regard on PC? Still an issue or just the standard input lag?
About as good/bad as for console users. Online was mess with input delay at first, then first official patch fixed it quite a bit in mypark/myteam (onlin quick games was still very laggy then), then i've played mostly quick online ranked games since last official patch and most games were lag-free (played over 200 games)
Old 09-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #11
Rookie

I switched to PS4 this year from Xbox One for 2k15. The PS4 received patches much earlier than Xbox One.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

There were not even dornas for 2K15 on pc

I still choose pc for me just for the fact that I can play so smoothly at 1440P on a Acer XB270HU monitor.

The game is not always 60 fps on consoles and it kinda irks me.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #13
Rookie

I've played 2k14 and 2k15 on Ps4, and so far I've been completely satisfacted.

2k14 was great because of physics and graphics innovations, while online was still off (online leagues). Head to head matches were very good from a server standpoint.

2k15 didn't have great servers at all, aside from that Ps4 received patches much earlier.

And while I haven't experienced it (because I don't have both consoles), a friend of mine who has been playing 2k15 on both XB1 and PS4, told me he had a kind of a microlag online on XB1 that he didn't have on PS4.

Same game, same internet connection, different response time online from his joypad.

It's happened in Europe, don't know if it's something that's happened worldwide or just in his case.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #14
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

I've been playing 2k on Xbox one and I have nothing to complain about other than receiving the patches late lol. But, it does help knowing that they can tune things without patching the game now.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #15
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

How much later are the Xbox One patches coming out? I am a recent PS4 diehard who has found xbox one gaming more enjoyable lately and was seriously considering getting NBA2k on xbox this year. Are we talking a few days late or a few weeks?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #16
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

I get it on PS4. Even though PSN goes down way more then XBL.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »