Home

Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall

This is a discussion on Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #49
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall

This thread is exactly why I wish these companies would get rid of overall ratings (though I know it'll never happen). It's the same thing in The Show (and I assume the same in Madden). PPL love to look at one number and form completely uninformed conclusions based off of that one number. Then you have a thousand ppl telling that person that overalls mean nothing, but they choose to ignore those ppl and continue to rail against that one lonely number. And wouldn't you know it, but a very large percentage of complaining comes from ppl that think their favorite player or players on their favorite team were slighted. Go figure.

Frustrating to say the least.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Lol lets speculate on Igoudla using the hall of fame scale rating.

If Pippen or Payton represent the standard for a 99 perimeter defense rating, where do you think Iggy would fall?

If the standard for 99 "catch and shoot 3 pointers' is Ray Allen, where do you think Iggy would fall?

If the standard for 99 dunks is Vince Carter where do you think Igoulda would rate?

If the standard for 99 lay ups in Michael Jordan where do you think Iggy would rate?

If the standard for 99 passing is John Stockton where do you think Igoudola would rate?

If the standard for 99 mid range shooting is Dirk Nowitzki where do you think Igoudola would rank?

If the standard for 99 blocks if Bill Russell where do you think Igoudola would rank?

If the standard for 99 rebounds is Dennis Rodman where do you think Igoudola would rank?

If the standard for 99 court vision is Magic Johnson where do you think Igoudola would rank?

If the standard for 99 shooting off the dribble is Steph Curry where do you think Igoudola would rank?

If the standard for 99 post strength is Shaq where do you think Iggy would rank?

This is what the new rating system is based on. Unless you've asked yourself these kind of hypotheticals your whole argument makes no sense. You're just complaining about a rating system that has no similarities to past basketball games. You have a lack of knowledge about it (like everyone here) but you refuse to admit it
Now take those questions and apply it to, say, Kobe's performance and effectiveness the last two seasons and compare it against the all time greats.

Or take that and apply it to players who are ranked similarly to Iguodala, and you'll find that Iguodala is likely rated more favorably in many categories, including all the intangibles and awareness on both sides of the court. Yet the Finals MVP is rated similarly to low-impact netural-to-net-negative players like Aaron Brooks, Jared Sullinger, and Tony Wroten. That is the problem.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:31 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
It's quite important to be cognizant of James' shooting efficiency as well, for he shot just .391% from the field in the finals.

Iguodala did an admirable job, but even at just 40% from the field, no one dropping 36, 13, and 9 over a six game span in the NBA Finals is considered to have been shut down. Not to mention, the misses directly attributed to the defense James was facing did have a bit to do with Iguodala, but it may have had just as much to do with the other four Warriors on the floor doing their jobs admirably as well.
It was a team effort but Iguodala cause Lebron to shoot significantly lower than any other Warrior as the primary defender.

When Iguodala contested Lebron, Lebron shot 24%. With Iggy out of the game, Lebron shot 44%. With him in, Lebron shot 38 (and this is with other Warriors guarding Lebron on certain possessions, where they were not as effective).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #52
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm sure he'd be in the 80's (3 points off) if he could make free throws. Then there would be no beef I bet. Funny how that works.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #53
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall

Kawhi did it better....

In all seriousness though, it's much ado about nothing....don't get the big fuss over overalls....
Old 09-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #54
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Ratings being skewed towards offense is exactly why this thread makes all the sense in the world. High impact players in the league aren't rated such, and these overalls affect the game's franchise logic systemically among other things. At the very least it means the formula needs to be tweaked.

A horrible chucker with league bottom efficiency on offense and defense gets rated an 85, while the Finals MVP gets rated 8 points less.

What's the point of OVR if we just throw our hands up and say it doesn't matter whenever it doesn't match impact, effectiveness, and value to GMs in real life? Well, if it doesn't matter, why does it exist (in a way that actually matters systemically)?
This is what I got from this thread: "based on 2K16's rating method, Igoudala is not rated correctly. Even though I don't know what this rating method consists of in terms of scale, variation and weight, I believe he should be 5 points higher."

Not..

"The ideal rating system should have high impact team players rated higher than high stat, low impact players."

Can you see the difference? (I would be on board with the second thread)

And I never once said (or will say) OVR doesn't matter. Of course it does... in the right context. The thing about 2K16 is though.. we aren't 100% sure what this context is. That's why this thread (at this time) is pointless to me.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:37 PM   #55
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Except youre again thinking about it in a simplistic way. Just because Igoudola's rated less than Trevor Ariza it doesn't mean he's a worse player, just that his attributes are distributed in a different way. The only thing that matters is how they play on the court. Youre obsessing way to much on a single number.

If he plays great D, can shoot the 3 somewhat consistently, plays high Iq ball, has athleticism then that's the only thing that matters. Because he can do everything he does in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 08:41 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
And for Kobe: He's rated an 85 because he's Kobe. One of the greatest players in NBA history. You can't compare Iguodala and Kobe.

Yes you can. Kobe hurts his team offensively, while Iguodala is a plus in pretty much any system. Kobe also hurts his team defensively, while Iguodala is one of the league's premier wing defenders.

Iguodala is currently a more effective player on both ends of the court. What prohibits us from comparing them as players in regards their actual on-court play and effect on point differentials apart from a name and somewhat vague handwaving?

Quote:
Yea, it's probably a legacy bump, but when you've scored more points than Michael Jordan in your career you tend to get those.
Which makes absolutely no sense if we care about simulation and accurately representing player effectiveness and all related logic. If a player is less effective than say a Nick Young-- if he basically has Tony Wroten impact, then he should be rated accordingly, period.

You know who doesn't have Toney Wroten low-tier impact but is rated like he does? Iguodala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
I'm sure he'd be in the 80's (3 points off) if he could make free throws. Then there would be no beef I bet. Funny how that works.
Okay that's fair. I'll just pretend he's actually an 80 apart from the horrendous freethrows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »