Home

Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall

This is a discussion on Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 09:20 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Andre Iguodala is a 77 Overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I don't need to play the game to know what rating he should be. You can tell from how they play in real life. Record book level on/off numbers, strong advanced metrics, shuts down the best player in the game during the finals. Name a 77 overall from a previous 2k who is the same.

Anthony Morrow, Aaron Brooks, Andre Iguodala.

Someone sticks out in that list. That's a 70s list with a guy who shouldn't be in the 70s.

Isiah Thomas, Hassan Whiteside, Andre Iguodala.

That's an 80s list with a guy who isn't in there but should be.
Here is my honest opinion...and I am not knocking you for your opinion but overall really doesnt mean as much as you seem to think. Its how you use a player in your lineup and what they are good at doing. I say this because I used to be the same way.

I would seek out the highest rated bronze, silver, golds, etc....but once I really understood how the game works rarely do I use the highest rated players.

Its a big difference when playing the CPU than a live opponent. For the CPU, yes ratings matter because a lot of time we dont play with as much strategy, but just to get a win.

Example: I used to think I couldnt live without Gobert in a bronze lineup but in the end I stopped using him completely. If you need a player who can rebound and block some shots he is ok, but I prefer guys like Hayes who is a better hustler, post defender, and much stronger with better stamina. To go even further, I prefer Joel Anthony who is rated much lower but his strengths work better for me than just having Gobert simply because he is 5 points higher overall.

You cant just look at the rebound ratings and say this guy is gonna get you x-amount of boards everytime...it doesnt work like that. a guy with a lower rebound rating could consistently get more boards due to his strength and hustle. Likewise with a guy who may have slightly better defensive ratings than another guy....like Xavier Henry over Nick Johnson. Johnson ends up being the better defender for me because of his overall athleticism and quickness. Dont forget about shot contest either when factoring in defense.
Yet Henry has the higher rating overall and badges to boot.

This is where strategy comes to play and how you fit players on to your team. Johnson can not score like Henry but I dont need him to. I just need him for what I need him for.

In 2k15 some players had high ovr because of their offense, but some were horrible defensively. Guys are baffled at how they get these players with high ovr ratings and be getting smoked. Mashburn is one of the highest rated silvers out there with 83 rating because he can do so much on offense, but I stopped using him after a while because defensively he is one of the worst silvers with a rating above 75.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #66
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Lol @ trying to defend the legacy bump. Same for everyone or the system is broken.
I like how you glossed over my entire post outside of the last sentence. I must have made a pretty good point.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-16-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:28 PM   #67
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Remeber guys 2k rates you by player type im assuming that hasnt changed. The only difference in ratings as far as i know is the historical goat scale. What is iggys player type point forward? Or peremeter defender? If defender at the sf pos id ask is his rating higher or lower then thabo sepelosha or tony allenor kawai leanord. Compaing him to kobe doest make sense kobe is a scorer how should his atrributes rank with other scorers melo harden or even young?
Old 09-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #68
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

They created a new rating system so that old selfish inneficient chucker could keep his 85 rating imo.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:34 PM   #69
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Box score stats? Really? Get with the times man. His on/off numbers have been historically good. And let's face it. The only other defender in the league that has ever shut LeBron down is Kawhi Leonard.

Anyone who watches him play knows how good he is. I mean he didn't get the Finals MVP for nothing. Come on now. Don't be silly.
the ratings aren't based off one series 😂
and neither him or kawhi shut down lebron 😂
Old 09-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #70
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

2K uses overalls when the CPU set rotations so this may be a way to keep him as 6th man on the Warriors instead of starting him.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #71
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Where does Jimmy Butler come in to this? Jimmy is a great defender... Iggy is a great defender... what's your point? He averaged 10 less points because Kyrie was healthy that series.. (LeBron took 43 less shots in the same amount of games)

With usage that high, of course he put up those numbers (Westbrook in the last 3 months).
kyrie wasn't healthy in the bulls series lol
jimmy is just a nuch better defender of lebron than iggy is
do you guys watch basketball?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #72
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

This is why you don't look at overall ratings most of the time. Iggy is a prime example that when you put a player in the right role they can flourish. The fact is he's a below average scorer, decent rebounder, good facilitator and great defender. I like Iguodala and do think 77 is a bit low (he should have high IQ ratings which tend to inflate the OVR rating). I'll wait to see every rating of his and how they stack up before I criticize 2k.

On a side note, stop throwing out Lebron's finals per game numbers like Iguodala defended him the entire time. Lebron was defended by a number of players (usually Barnes, Thompson and Iguodala).

This article
(written before the final game of the finals) goes over how well Iguodala guarded Lebron. When Iggy is the primary defender, Lebron shot 33%. This compared to Jimmy Butler (35% in the conference semis) and Kwahi (58% in the 2014 finals). When Iggy contested his shot (85% of the time) Lebron shot 24%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »