Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Point Guards (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Point Guards (UPDATED) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #49
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Point Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonly1ME
They did, but also they said that they will take into account a player's last three/four seasons with the most recent season weighing the most and stack that up against the all-time greats in their best season for said categories.

Oh ok thanks didn't know that bit of info, but with that said seems like something that didn't really need to be touched.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:47 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k16 Top 10 PGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Lol. Kobe is an 85. Didn't even play a full season in 2 years.

Rose is 84 and played 85% of the season and helped the bulls to the 2nd round.

Not really that much difference in ratings but that's clearly in house Kobe love.
Actually Rose played in 67% of last season and he wasn't that great.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #51
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Call me salty, because I am lol, but I'd take Tony Wroten over D Rose any time. Put up basically the same numbers last season but Wroten's a 75 because he got injured? Isn't that ALL D Rose has been the past 3 years?...

But I digress, other than that rating I agree with all of them. I definitely put Wall over Kyrie as a true point tho...and I still think overall no one's "better" than CP3.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #52
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Rubio's name has no business anywhere near this thread

Total agreement there

Host of The Awakened Soul Podcast
iTunes: https://t.co/2aRfWFw1ia
Google Play: https://t.co/yjgsoZLJ4r

@CEOHaize on Twitter
Old 09-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Rubio's name has no business anywhere near this thread
Look what I've written before that post
Old 09-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Lol... thats something people who don't watch them play would say.

Steph improved tremdously on defense. In fact, most advanced metrics have him as the best defensive point guard last year.

Putting CP3 over him? I can see an argument for that.

Russ? Not a chance. People are slobbering all over him because he had some triple doubles.... that were horribly inefficient... and he put up in LOSSES.

Russ is really overrated by most fans now. He's a top 5 athlete. And his skillset is of an all star caliber. But his decision making is literally the worst of every starting point guard in the league. His attitude and hot headedness is childish. And defensively his athleticism and quick hands covers up how awful he truly is. He's constantly being caught out of position and he reaches far too often.

Russ isn't a top 3 point guard. I will happily argue with ANYONE that Mike Conley is a more effective PG. I would even go as far as to make an argument for Wall > Westbrick

Regardless. CP3 and SC30 are top 2. After that you could debate all day.

But hey. Overall doesn't matter anyway. It means nothing. Or so I'm told.
Well we all know that Klay and iggy did most of the defending of the top point guards to get steph rest or when players like CP3, Kyrie, etc would get going on steph. Those metrics don't really take the fact that klay or iggy would guard a guy most of the night, with steph guarding them a couple times when they are tired from working so hard from iggy and klay guarding them. And of course the great TEAM defense.
Steph is much improved (He actually tries now) but those stats get bloviated. He's not a average defender. I would say He's right on the line of a just barely average defender.

You're right tho it means nothing.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #55
Rookie

If Curry is a 93, there is no way Lebron can just be a 94
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 03:10 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat_hits
Well we all know that Klay and iggy did most of the defending of the top point guards to get steph rest or when players like CP3, Kyrie, etc would get going on steph. Those metrics don't really take the fact that klay or iggy would guard a guy most of the night, with steph guarding them a couple times when they are tired from working so hard from iggy and klay guarding them. And of course the great TEAM defense.
Steph is much improved (He actually tries now) but those stats get bloviated. He's not a average defender. I would say He's right on the line of a just barely average defender.

You're right tho it means nothing.
I don't know how much you watched of the Warriors this year but Steph never ducked any defensive assignments. It used to be Klay or Dre on the other teams best perimeter guy but this year it was Steph 90% of the time. That was something Ron Adams and Steph talked about.

And yeah that stats will be bloated because he's on a team that is a top 5 defensive team in the league. But the improvements are legit.

People who think Steph is anything other than a plus defender are living in the past. He's above average now. For sure.

And he's definitely a better defender than Westbrook.

Here's a great breakdown of Steph's improvements (and the stats to back it)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...light-defender

Last edited by MGSW; 09-17-2015 at 03:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »