Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings For the Top Players on Each Team

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings For the Top Players on Each Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #105
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings For the Top Players on Each Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHazard216
Stop paying attention to the OVR so dang much. I remember that 85 rated Dirk in 2k12. He had a freaking 99 in Inisde, Close, and Mid shots. That was ridiculous and he legit made EVERYTHING
You might be right. I vividly remember him beasting in that game. Athleticism makes up alot of 2K ratings but that doesn't change the fact that Pau friken Gasol has a higher overall than Prime Dirk. Just like Wade, I could already tell that 2k gave Dirk the short end on a couple of his ratings while someone like '07 LeBron has an A rated defense when in fact his defense wasn't great that year. Cleveland was a fine defensive team, though.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #106
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16 - Ratings for all the teams (except euro)

How is second three peat Jordan higher rated than first three peat Jordan?

'07 LeBron Is not better than current LeBron and deserves a low 90's rating, '13 LeBron probably deserves a bit of a higher rating that's better than any Magic season and he got a 97 at his best.

Payton a 92 really don't see how he's better than present day Paul or how he's in the same echelon as Curry.

'03 Dirk only an 85? He was very agile, could handle the ball actually going coast to coast, could pass, was close to a double digit rebounder, was a G.O.A.T. level shooter and underrated defender. Dude was as good as Griffin and Aldridge who are 88's.

Dumars ahead of Isiah? Pierce a 91? '08 T-Mac overrated with damn near a 90 overall.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #107
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua
Again, you're going based off of hypotheticals. I'm going based off of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. There's no "if LeBron was on this team". Wade put on one of the best P/O runs ever and LeBron didn't. Simple as that. Wade had a better team but he also faced greater competition.

Also, Wade never being the Nba's "best player" is your opinion. It's not a fact. Personally, I have Wade as #1 for '06 and '09 but that's just me. One last question, you previously stated that 93 is a good overall for Wade but he's a tier below Kobe, LeBron, e.t.c. So would you agree '01 Iverson > '06 Wade by that logic?
How was he the best player in '09. LeBron won MVP, led the Cavs to 66 wins and had one of the most dominant regular and postseasons of All-Time. He was an absolute monster on defense finishing second in the DPoY race and had one of the highest defensive win shares seasons for a SF ever. Wade has no case over him that season.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #108
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Quote:
How in the blue hell is '07 LeBron a 95, yet '06 Wade is a 93?

'06 Finals:
Wade - 34.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 3.8 apg on 46.8%FG /27.3%3PT/77.3%FT

'07 Finals:
LeBron - 22 ppg, 7 rpg, 6.8 apg on 35.6%FG/20%3PT/69%FT

2K stays underrating Dwyane Wade.
You do realize 22 year old LeBron was left alone against the dynasty Spurs right? You do realize Larry Hughes missed most of that series, Eric Snow was burned out and benched in favor of Boobie Gibson and that Cavs team was a below average offense and one of the worst teams to make the Finals ever. You're comparing these two series statistically with no grasp of circumstances and you aren't even factoring the horrible officiating in the Finals that put Wade at the line at historic rates.

LeBron is ranked ahead of Wade because he was a better player. Better rebounder, playmaker, slightly better athlete, better three point shooter, slightly better slasher, better defender. Wade had a better midrange game , flashier handles and post game at that point that's all.

I don't think '07 LeBron deserves a 95 because he's not better than '15 LeBron, I'd probably give him around a 93.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #109
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHEGAWD
How was he the best player in '09. LeBron won MVP, led the Cavs to 66 wins and had one of the most dominant regular and postseasons of All-Time. He was an absolute monster on defense finishing second in the DPoY race and had one of the highest defensive win shares seasons for a SF ever. Wade has no case over him that season.
LeBron had a great postseason but Wade was better than everyone in the regular season. 30/5/8/49%FG > 28/8/7/49%FG. Wade beat him in points, assists, steals, blocks, and shot a higher FG%. LeBron beat him in rebounds, 3PT%, FT%, and less TOV. Factor in that Wade carried a rookie head coach and two rookie starters by himself to the P/O while the Cavs had the #1 defense despite Wade being a better defender than LeBron who was getting alot of hype off of chasedown blocks, imo.

Wade broke or tied countless records that season:

- 2nd player ever to score 50+ in one game and drop 15+ assists the next (Wilt)
- 2nd player ever to drop 48+ points, 12+ assists, and shoot 70%+ (Wilt)
- 5th player ever to get 2000+ points, 500 assists, 150+ steals, and 100+ blocks
- 1st player under 6'5" to reach 100+ blocks
- 4th player ever to reach 100+ blocks and 100+ steals in a season (MJ, Pip, Hakeem X2)

That doesn't even include the franchise records broken and had a stretch from 2/18/2009-3/14/2009 where he averaged 37.2 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 10.4 apg on 55%FG/42%3PT/87%FT.

Again, this is my opinion. I truly believe that Dwyane Wade was the best basketball player on the planet that year. CP3, LBJ, and Kobe were all incredible, too.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:49 PM   #110
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Quote:
LeBron had a great postseason but Wade was better than everyone in the regular season. 30/5/8/49%FG > 28/8/7/49%FG. Wade beat him in points, assists, steals, blocks, and shot a higher FG%. LeBron beat him in rebounds, 3PT%, FT%, and less TOV. Factor in that Wade carried a rookie head coach and two rookie starters by himself to the P/O while the Cavs had the #1 defense despite Wade being a better defender than LeBron who was getting alot of hype off of chasedown blocks, imo.

Wade broke or tied countless records that season:

- 2nd player ever to score 50+ in one game and drop 15+ assists the next (Wilt)
- 2nd player ever to drop 48+ points, 12+ assists, and shoot 70%+ (Wilt)
- 5th player ever to get 2000+ points, 500 assists, 150+ steals, and 100+ blocks
- 1st player under 6'5" to reach 100+ blocks
- 4th player ever to reach 100+ blocks and 100+ steals in a season (MJ, Pip, Hakeem X2)

That doesn't even include the franchise records broken and had a stretch from 2/18/2009-3/14/2009 where he averaged 37.2 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 10.4 apg on 55%FG/42%3PT/87%FT.

Again, this is my opinion. I truly believe that Dwyane Wade was the best basketball player on the planet that year. CP3, LBJ, and Kobe were all incredible, too.
LeBron had one of the highest Player Efficiency Ratings of All-Time literally trailing only Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain. He accumulated over 20 win shares, had one of the best seasons ever in terms of net rating and box plus minus. LeBron was the best crunch time player in the league that season as well. Those basic per game stats don't tell the story.

Wade a better defender than LeBron based on what? Wade was never a better defender than LeBron. It was not chasedown block hype it was legitimately one of the most impactful defensive seasons by a wing ever. The Cavaliers were nearly 9 points worse without him on the court on defense. He excelled in every area of defense and was DPoY runner up and First Team All-Defense for a reason. LeBron was the best wing defender in the league and had one of the finest defensive seasons ever.

LeBron's team won 66 games ridiculous given that supporting cast while Wade's was a .500 team. LeBron also averaged 35/9/7 in the playoffs.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #111
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Pierce being a 91 in '08 is ridiculous we really think he's as good as present day Durant?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #112
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHEGAWD
You do realize 22 year old LeBron was left alone against the dynasty Spurs right? You do realize Larry Hughes missed most of that series, Eric Snow was burned out and benched in favor of Boobie Gibson and that Cavs team was a below average offense and one of the worst teams to make the Finals ever. You're comparing these two series statistically with no grasp of circumstances and you aren't even factoring the horrible officiating in the Finals that put Wade at the line at historic rates.

LeBron is ranked ahead of Wade because he was a better player. Better rebounder, playmaker, slightly better athlete, better three point shooter, slightly better slasher, better defender. Wade had a better midrange game , flashier handles and post game at that point that's all.

I don't think '07 LeBron deserves a 95 because he's not better than '15 LeBron, I'd probably give him around a 93.
That's your opinion. I already provided a full length reasoning as to why Wade was better in the 8th or 9th page to some Kobe fan so I'm not going to say it again. IMO, Wade was the slightly better slasher, much better on ball/help/recovery defender, had a better postgame, much better footwork, better mid-range shot, higher I.Q and more clutch. LeBron was the better rebounder based off height and was an equal playmaker. The '08-'10 Cavs were far from great but there are two reasons why I don't buy that they were all time bad:

1. The Spurs beat the Cavs in the '07 Finals by an average margin of just 6 ppg with LeBron playing poorly (19-53 in last two games despite Spurs' winning by a combined 4 points). The Cavs' defense held Duncan to 18 ppg on 44%FG but had no answer for Parker

2. The Cavs' pushed the Celtics to a decisive G7 in the '08 ECSF despite LeBron shooting 25.6%FG through the first six games (8-42 in first two games).

"Had no help though".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »