Home

Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread!

This is a discussion on Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Yep, that'd be great!!! I'd miss Sheeds grey spot on his head, but I'll get over it.

I was surprised to see quite a few guys I wasn't sure would make it in there!!

-Rick Fox
-Nick Van Excel
-David Wesley
-Steve Francis
-Antonio Davis
-Jason Williams
-Antoine Walker
-Michael Finley
-Latrell Sprewell
-Arvydas Sabonis
-Vernon Maxwell (can't remember if he was there last yr? Seems like he or Mario Elie were missing...could be wrong)
-Isaiah Rider
-Ilgauskus

All in all, quite pleased!
Really you didn't think Walker would be in? I was positive Walker was in, he needs that $$$. Dude is broke.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #74
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yep, that'd be great!!! I'd miss Sheeds grey spot on his head, but I'll get over it.

I was surprised to see quite a few guys I wasn't sure would make it in there!!

-Rick Fox
-Nick Van Excel
-David Wesley
-Steve Francis
-Antonio Davis
-Jason Williams
-Antoine Walker
-Michael Finley
-Latrell Sprewell
-Arvydas Sabonis
-Vernon Maxwell (can't remember if he was there last yr? Seems like he or Mario Elie were missing...could be wrong)
-Isaiah Rider
-Ilgauskus

All in all, quite pleased!
Yeah I'm quite surprised they got guys like Sprewell, 'Toine, David Wesley, Francis, and JR Rider. I honestly thought we'd be missing most of them. But hey, better to have these teams even if they're not complete than not have them at all.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners
Old 09-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #75
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
You use Twitter as an example? That's like quoting Wikipedia for information. Not everyone uses Twitter, bud.

Take the fan who walks into a game store, sees his favorite player of all time Michael Jordan on the cover of a basketball game, and buys that game because he knows he can play with Michael Jordan.

Not everyone keeps up to date with this game on Twitter and message boards. Just cause we do, doesn't make it so for everyone who buys it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you oblivious to how things work in this day and age? You're completely underselling the reach of Twitter. It's 2015, not 2005. Believe it or not, Twitter is probably the single best form of advertisement. It's the fastest and easiest way to get something out to the masses, and I'd wager that a VERY large portion of 2K's intended audience are active Twitter users. So yes, advertising something via Twitter IS legit advertising, especially coming from RONNIE FREAKING 2K.

With that said, of that very same intended audience, I'd wager that a pretty small percentage actually care about Classic Teams, and the fact that Sheed isn't in the game. It IS kind of fould that they put 2 teams in the game, and conveniently leave out that they are missing the same exact player, one of which he was probably their best player, and the other an extremely important piece of their title team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #76
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
Are you oblivious to how things work in this day and age? You're completely underselling the reach of Twitter. It's 2015, not 2005. Believe it or not, Twitter is probably the single best form of advertisement. It's the fastest and easiest way to get something out to the masses, and I'd wager that a VERY large portion of 2K's intended audience are active Twitter users. So yes, advertising something via Twitter IS legit advertising, especially coming from RONNIE FREAKING 2K.

With that said, of that very same intended audience, I'd wager that a pretty small percentage actually care about Classic Teams, and the fact that Sheed isn't in the game. It IS kind of fould that they put 2 teams in the game, and conveniently leave out that they are missing the same exact player, one of which he was probably their best player, and the other an extremely important piece of their title team.

The majority of the target audience of this game not giving a damn about these classic teams, or the fact that Rasheed Wallace isn't in it, was exactly my point.

Twitter or not, they're not selling this game to people based on these classic teams, nor one former player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2015, 03:20 PM   #77
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Really you didn't think Walker would be in? I was positive Walker was in, he needs that $$$. Dude is broke.
Sad but true. I just feel like you never know who's gonna turn down their likeness being used these days lol
Old 09-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yeah...true that! I wonder how much these vets actually get as royalties from this? Guess every penny helps.

I should have used the word "relieved" rather than surprised in my original post. That's more what I meant.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Yeah...true that! I wonder how much these vets actually get as royalties from this? Guess every penny helps.

I should have used the word "relieved" rather than surprised in my original post. That's more what I meant.
Yea that makes sense. And on what these guys get Charles said he got 50K a couple of years ago when he was on the dream team. So I expect these guys to get something around 25-30K on average.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #80
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Yea that makes sense. And on what these guys get Charles said he got 50K a couple of years ago when he was on the dream team. So I expect these guys to get something around 25-30K on average.
That's probably for guys closer to role players. I know for a fact I read Jordan only does his likeness at minimum for over a mill. Also notice that ever since Jordan has been in he's plastered everywhere. That isn't just because it looks cool, that is apart of the likeness agreement. These things aren't as cut and dry as the fans think. It's a lot of politics regarding this stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »