Home

Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread!

This is a discussion on Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I don't have a problem with people being upset Sheed isn't in the game, it's the way some of you guys are going about it.

It wasn't a purposeful decision by 2K to omit him from the game, he didn't want to be in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course they didnt' purposefully omit him from the game, but they included two teams he was a key member on. If you're not going to have the best player on the team (Blazers) be in the game then don't put that team in the game. Put the 2007 Spurs in or another historical team where you can complete the roster. From the screens people have posted, that 2004 Pistons team is also half-assed done.

I'm not blaming 2K for players not being in the game, because that is beyond their control in a lot of instances, but why even put the team in the game? I was pumped for the 2004 Pistons and now I see that it is missing not only Wallace but another 3 or so players..... excited greatly diminished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #66
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy watkins
Of course they didnt' purposefully omit him from the game, but they included two teams he was a key member on. If you're not going to have the best player on the team (Blazers) be in the game then don't put that team in the game. Put the 2007 Spurs in or another historical team where you can complete the roster. From the screens people have posted, that 2004 Pistons team is also half-assed done.

I'm not blaming 2K for players not being in the game, because that is beyond their control in a lot of instances, but why even put the team in the game? I was pumped for the 2004 Pistons and now I see that it is missing not only Wallace but another 3 or so players..... excited greatly diminished.

Which I don't have a problem with. Like I said, I'm a little bummed he's not in the game either, but the 04 Pistons are a team people have been clamoring for, for a long time.

I love Sheed, wish he was in the game, but I'll take those other 4 guys and have a blast playing with them. Would I be happy if Sheed got into the game at a later point? Absolutely. Ecstatic.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
As long as we can create and share CAPs (and actually put headbands on them) I think it'll be fine. I'm just glad we got most of the players for each team.
Yep, that'd be great!!! I'd miss Sheeds grey spot on his head, but I'll get over it.

I was surprised to see quite a few guys I wasn't sure would make it in there!!

-Rick Fox
-Nick Van Excel
-David Wesley
-Steve Francis
-Antonio Davis
-Jason Williams
-Antoine Walker
-Michael Finley
-Latrell Sprewell
-Arvydas Sabonis
-Vernon Maxwell (can't remember if he was there last yr? Seems like he or Mario Elie were missing...could be wrong)
-Isaiah Rider
-Ilgauskus

All in all, quite pleased!
Old 09-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #68
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
If you're not going to have the best player on the team (Blazers) be in the game then don't put that team in the game. Put the 2007 Spurs in or another historical team where you can complete the roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
We'll never know the reasons why. What if the decision about Sheed to be excluded was delivered late? You have all these man hours from artists, designers, producers, animators to put the team together, does it make sense to cut the whole thing? Not in my mind.
People need to consider this^^
Old 09-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #69
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
You use Twitter as an example?
dude, ronnie 2k has over 450k people who follow him and hundreds of thousands of other people who don't even have twitter that check in on his account (like me, I don't have an account)

ronnie 2k is quite literally paid to promote the game

you are an idiot
Old 09-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #70
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:

Because sometimes they think they may have a deal with a player and something falls through last minute effectively ruining their plans. That's a possibility right? It happened before with Barkley which is why the 85 Sixers have been in the game and not the 83 title team. The 93 Suns were on the disc as well but hidden because of no Sir Charles.

This is the first time since 2k12 that they've actively came out and said we've added more retro squads. Because of this they already guaranteed 12 NEW TEAMS. If they deleted or hid those 2 teams without Sheed after the deal didn't come through then people would say they lied etc. They already have most of the players licensed for those two teams (which is costly) so they probably figured to just do what they did with the 85 Sixers and leave them in since it was too late to back out of.

On another note, with Rasheed not in, people are ignoring the guys they did get this year. Kareem is back, Van Exel is finally in, Spree, Rick Fox, and so on.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
People need to consider this^^
Also the other one to consider are maybe Sheed didn't want to do it ala Barkley, Webber, Reggie, and Kareem (up until this year). But they knew fans would be pissed if they added in 12 new teams and this team wasn't one of them where they have been so heavily requested along with that TWolves team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #72
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
dude, ronnie 2k has over 450k people who follow him and hundreds of thousands of other people who don't even have twitter that check in on his account (like me, I don't have an account)

ronnie 2k is quite literally paid to promote the game

you are an idiot

Lmao name calling now? If you're going to the midnight release for this game, ask people in line if they knew the 04 Pistons were gonna be in this game, or if they give two ****s that Rasheed Wallace isn't in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »