Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 08:14 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Yes, that's what scaling is for the non-objective ratings. You would scale or cap Durant's ballhandling relative to his position (let's say 25 - 70) just like you would scale speed or quickness for big men (for example 25 - 70) relative to the position.

Rondo is an elite rebounder (or was) for a point guard, but there is a formula in place to quantify his rebounding ability. No such formula exists for speed, quickness, offensive/defensive IQ, ball handling so they are all left up to the opinion of the roster editor.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
I guess I can kind of see your point on that. There's no definite formula of rating something like ball handling. But at the same time, can you honestly say that KD's ball handling is on the same level as someone like Kyrie or CP3 or Steph?
Old 09-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #74
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED)

Hayward will get a boost once he makes the all star team this year, can't really complain about it now. These ratings looks correct.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain723
I guess I can kind of see your point on that. There's no definite formula of rating something like ball handling. But at the same time, can you honestly say that KD's ball handling is on the same level as someone like Kyrie or CP3 or Steph?

Sure KD's ball handling isn't on those guys' level, but it's in "average good guard" territory, which is insane for a 6-11 player. The OVR formula should recognize that, because that is game changing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 10:36 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Small Forwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
What does this even mean ?
If you understood what impacts an overall rating and how players were rated at the end of 2K15 compared to ratings that have been announced so far, you would know what that means.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:51 PM   #77
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
If you understood what impacts an overall rating and how players were rated at the end of 2K15 compared to ratings that have been announced so far, you would know what that means.
I completely understand which is why I am asking why people are saying,
"So and so should be one point lower/higher." LIke that is such an ambiguous statement
Old 09-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I completely understand which is why I am asking why people are saying,
"So and so should be one point lower/higher." LIke that is such an ambiguous statement
In my mind since I do ratings/rosters based on advanced stats and I see how the ratings are lining up compared to last years rating system, I'm thinking of a lot of factors when I say that but yeah, it can sound ambiguous if the reasoning is not given. For those who don't really understand the ratings system to say this guy should be at most 3 points higher/lower than that guy, etc. it really is ambiguous and completely arbitrary.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:45 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mike Stauffer is drunk? Iguodala 77?
Iguo above 80 in all the known worlds...
Also the value of Gallinari is completely wrong... Gallo deserves at least 79-80.

C'mon Mike...
Old 09-20-2015, 04:18 AM   #80
Rookie

I know injuries playedca major part with these ratings Durant should be higher so should paul George

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »