Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 06:15 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
No its not. If KD plays better than Harden in the game it means the rating system is working

Just like How Dirk was rated 85 a couple years ago and couldnt miss.

The only thing that matter is that players can do what they can do in real life

I don't belong in the "OVR doesn't matter" camp, and I've explained why in the other thread. It only doesn't matter if you only play online quick games with all manual substitutions.

And if even if OVR is just cosmetic, it's better that they get it right than not. There's no reason not to address discrepancies where it can be fixed. Michael Jordan being rated 80 who played the same would still be problematic.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #58
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Do his handles, defense and playmaking warrant mid-high 80s in terms of HOF scale? I don't think so. That's why he's 91. His height has nothing to do with it.
How the **** do you rate his dribbling ability through any scale at all? It is a completely subjective matter. He is a quality playmaker and is a solid defensive player do to his length/height (which you say doesn't matter).

The guy has very few weaknesses on a basketball court other than his durability coming into question.

Like I said, I see very, very few NBA players of his stature that can play on the perimeter and score in the variety of ways that he does. And he's insanely efficient in doing so (even last year).

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #59
Rookie

ReRo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Small Forwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa21
Giannis over someone like Tobias Harris? yeah......no
Could not disagree more.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
In the leaked stream he is 78. But it was confirmed that those ratings are not final and the recently released ones by Beds are the accurate ones. He is 81 according to the recent SG ratings...head scratcher to me.

Hmm. To be honest he should be an 83-85 when healthy though, especially as a scorer that can also defend.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:19 PM   #61
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I don't belong in the "OVR doesn't matter" camp, and I've explained why in the other thread. It only doesn't matter if you only play online quick games with all manual substitutions.

And if even if OVR is just cosmetic, it's better that they get it right than not. There's no reason not to address discrepancies where it can be fixed. Michael Jordan being rated 80 who played the same would still be problematic.
See the only issue with OVR is that it's actually displayed. The best thing for 2k would be just to have ratings visable across the board and eliminate overall all together. You people complain regardless of whether their stats are accurate just because you feel player X should have a higher overall than Y. When it has no impact on how they play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 06:22 PM   #62
MVP

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
See the only issue with OVR is that it's actually displayed. The logical next step for 2k is just to just have ratings visable across the board. You people complain regardless of whether their stats are accurate just because you feel player X should have a higher overall than Y.

It's still used in the code, even with the improvements. I've elaborated on this further in the other thread. Repeating "OVR doesn't matter" here again doesn't make that true.

I want the stats to be accurate and the rankings to be accurate to their real life impact and value because I'm an NBA junkie. Apparently 2K is too because they've done a really good job outside of some discrepancies.

But I'm sorry I'm "you people". Heh.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-19-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:22 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
How the **** do you rate his dribbling ability through any scale at all? It is a completely subjective matter. He is a quality playmaker and is a solid defensive player do to his length/height (which you say doesn't matter).

The guy has very few weaknesses on a basketball court other than his durability coming into question.

Like I said, I see very, very few NBA players of his stature that can play on the perimeter and score in the variety of ways that he does. And he's insanely efficient in doing so (even last year).

It doesn't matter because you correlated his dribling with height and basically said they warrant high rating just because he is 6'11. His dribling rating has nothing to do with his height. It should be compared to Iverson or whomever. And it's not that good. I'd put it at 77-80 because he can handle the pnr and has solid handles but nothing super advanced. Playmaking would be 5-6 points below Kobe's and he was average on defense last year and year before. Doesn't really translate to higher overall does it?
Old 09-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #64
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
It doesn't matter because you correlated his dribling with height and basically said they warrant high rating just because he is 6'11. His dribling rating has nothing to do with his height. It should be compared to Iverson or whomever. And it's not that good. I'd put it at 77-80 because he can handle the pnr and has solid handles but nothing super advanced. Playmaking would be 5-6 points below Kobe's and he was average on defense last year and year before. Doesn't really translate to higher defense.
You are too caught up in this silly "HOF" scale when last time I checked there isn't any statistic for ball handling. Comparing a 6'11" SF ball handling to a 5'11 SG is rather silly. Like I said (for the third time), his ball handling and playmaking are advanced relative to his height.

I don't see a lot of near 7 foot tall players handling the ball on the perimeter and setting up their teammates. Which are both things that Durant can and does do very, very well.

What Bryant and Iverson WERE capable of has no baring on accurately depicting Kevin Durant's skillset. And he's an average one - on - one defender but compensates for that with his ability to contest shots and play the passing lanes do to his length.

This why I hate this silly "HOF" scale rating system, now people are going to act as though guys that played during the last 15 - 20 years are the end all, be all.

As if no one picked up a ball and played prior to Bryant, Iverson and Jordan. And much of what this supposed scale encompasses is entirely subjective.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »