Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Small Forwards (UPDATED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
You are too caught up in this silly "HOF" scale when last time I checked there isn't any statistic for ball handling. Comparing a 6'11" SF ball handling to a 5'11 SG is rather silly. Like I said (for the third time), his ball handling and playmaking are advanced relative to his height.

I don't see a lot of near 7 foot tall players handling the ball on the perimeter and setting up their teammates. Which are both things that Durant can and does do very, very well.

What Bryant and Iverson WERE capable of has no baring on accurately depicting Kevin Durant's skillset. And he's an average one - on - one defender but compensates for that with his ability to contest shots and play the passing lanes do to his length.

This why I hate this silly "HOF" scale rating system, now people are going to act as though guys that played during the last 15 - 20 years are the end all, be all.

As if no one picked up a ball and played prior to Bryant, Iverson and Jordan. And much of what this supposed scale encompasses is entirely subjective.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Just the fact that you think that KD shouldn't be compared to GOAT ball handler when discussing ball handling is..idk man...I can't discuss seriously this topic with you when you say something like that. He's not advanced compared to everyone in last 40-ish years. He's average. Also Kobe even last season was capable playmaker. I know you have a certain disdain towards him but he was good playmaker last year.

Quote:
What Bryant and Iverson WERE capable of has no baring on accurately depicting Kevin Durant's skillset.
Actually it does. I thought KD was comparable playmaker to Kobe since KD average 5+ assists in 2014 but he certainly IS, WAS and WILL BE worse playmaker than Kobe IS even at 36/37. Because you compare players to everyone...ever...at least to those who have advanced stats available for comparision. And that's why KD isn't a 94 or whatever number you want him to be. Average ball handler, slightly below average playmaker, average defender, great rebounder and GOAT-ish scorer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 06:47 PM   #66
Rookie

Again, these look pretty much spot on. But I tend to agree with most other people saying KD should be rated a couple points higher. there shouldn't be that much separation between KD and Lebron. And Harden definitely shouldn't be rated higher. But it's expected that Harden and Curry get a little bump because they're on the cover. And Curry just won a ring and an mvp so he probably got an added boost. Playing against GSW and Houston is going to be tough this year.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #67
Rookie

Another thing I'm noticing is ppl arguing certain players should be rated higher because they do a lot more than others. But, being more versatile doesn't NECESSARILY make you better. It can a lot of the time but not all the time. For example, I'll say that Giannis is a little more versatile than KD. But is he a better player than KD? Absolutely not. Boris Diaw is much more versatile than Melo but he is nowhere near the threat that Carmelo Anthony is on the court. Versatility doesn't necessarily mean superiority.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #68
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Just the fact that you think that KD shouldn't be compared to GOAT ball handler when discussing ball handling is..idk man...I can't discuss seriously this topic with you when you say something like that. He's not advanced compared to everyone in last 40-ish years. He's average. Also Kobe even last season was capable playmaker. I know you have a certain disdain towards him but he was good playmaker last year.

Actually it does. I thought KD was comparable playmaker to Kobe since KD average 5+ assists in 2014 but he certainly IS, WAS and WILL BE worse playmaker than Kobe IS even at 36/37. Because you compare players to everyone...ever...at least to those who have advanced stats available for comparision. And that's why KD isn't a 94 or whatever number you want him to be. Average ball handler, slightly below average playmaker, average defender, great rebounder and GOAT-ish scorer.
If you truly believe that Durant is below average in anything involving basketball than the argument is already over. He isn't LeBron James or Larry Bird, but he isn't close to below average in his play making ability.

Durant is the second best player in the NBA and you attempting to minimize that point (by comparing him to players of vastly different sizes and positions) isn't going to change it. The only thing that should have been knocked down is his durability and nothing more.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
You are too caught up in this silly "HOF" scale when last time I checked there isn't any statistic for ball handling. Comparing a 6'11" SF ball handling to a 5'11 SG is rather silly. Like I said (for the third time), his ball handling and playmaking are advanced relative to his height.

I don't see a lot of near 7 foot tall players handling the ball on the perimeter and setting up their teammates. Which are both things that Durant can and does do very, very well.

What Bryant and Iverson WERE capable of has no baring on accurately depicting Kevin Durant's skillset. And he's an average one - on - one defender but compensates for that with his ability to contest shots and play the passing lanes do to his length.

This why I hate this silly "HOF" scale rating system, now people are going to act as though guys that played during the last 15 - 20 years are the end all, be all.

As if no one picked up a ball and played prior to Bryant, Iverson and Jordan. And much of what this supposed scale encompasses is entirely subjective.

Comparing a 6'11 ball handler to a 5'11 ball handler is absolutely fair when talking ratings because they are measured on the same rating scale. Forget the whole hall of fame scale thing. Compared to TODAY'S elite ball handlers KD isn't even close. A 70 ball handling is great for a 7 footer (not saying that's what KD's should be). But that isn't elite when compared to all positions. No attribute rating is height/position based. It's based on a player's proficiency regardless of height/position. Rondo is a great rebounder for a guard. But should his rebounding be in the 80's like some of the better rebounding big men? No not at all.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #70
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Small Forwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Melo may be a point too high but no biggie. Clearly, he got the benefit of doubt on his injury where Durant did not. That's my problem. So did Wesley Matthews, coming off of a serious achilles injury.
What does this even mean ?
Old 09-19-2015, 07:02 PM   #71
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Make y'all own rosters then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 07:19 PM   #72
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain723
Comparing a 6'11 ball handler to a 5'11 ball handler is absolutely fair when talking ratings because they are measured on the same rating scale. Forget the whole hall of fame scale thing. Compared to TODAY'S elite ball handlers KD isn't even close. A 70 ball handling is great for a 7 footer (not saying that's what KD's should be). But that isn't elite when compared to all positions. No attribute rating is height/position based. It's based on a player's proficiency regardless of height/position. Rondo is a great rebounder for a guard. But should his rebounding be in the 80's like some of the better rebounding big men? No not at all.

Yes, that's what scaling is for the non-objective ratings. You would scale or cap Durant's ballhandling relative to his position (let's say 25 - 70) just like you would scale speed or quickness for big men (for example 25 - 70) relative to the position.

Rondo is an elite rebounder (or was) for a point guard, but there is a formula in place to quantify his rebounding ability. No such formula exists for speed, quickness, offensive/defensive IQ, ball handling so they are all left up to the opinion of the roster editor.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-19-2015 at 07:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »