Home

My Player Attributes

This is a discussion on My Player Attributes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Player Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
-7'3 Center
-Inside scoring playstyle
-Shaqs weight

or

-7'3 center
-outside scorer style
-Anthony Davis Weight

or

-7'3 Center
-Balanced scorer style
-Demarcus cousins weight

decisions decisions.. need to know if weight matters

Don't believe the hype being tall is better than ever this year. People are focusing on all the negatives but let's look at the positives. Taller players have higher rebounding and block caps and post defense. The game actually incentives being taller you just have to know how to play big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #258
Rookie

All the arguments for or against these caps/systems in this thread, and all I can think about is how much simpler it'd be if they'd just separate the offline and online modes from each other. If someone wants to create a Lebron or KD in "their story", then they should be able to. Having to balance an offline mode because of online play is just ridiculous.

Just make them separate modes, and people can have multiple online characters that fill different roles for balance purposes. Let badges/animations/etc be unlocked account wide, and you can customize your online avatars with stuff you earn in the single player modes but they aren't identical characters.

This would make everyone happy, wouldn't it?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #259
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAssist
All the arguments for or against these caps/systems in this thread, and all I can think about is how much simpler it'd be if they'd just separate the offline and online modes from each other. If someone wants to create a Lebron or KD in "their story", then they should be able to. Having to balance an offline mode because of online play is just ridiculous.

Just make them separate modes, and people can have multiple online characters that fill different roles for balance purposes. Let badges/animations/etc be unlocked account wide, and you can customize your online avatars with stuff you earn in the single player modes but they aren't identical characters.

This would make everyone happy, wouldn't it?
I agree, I made a thread about a "Sandbox MyCareer"

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #260
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Just saw a video where the guy was a 55 overall lol that's where we start ?
well what do you get to pre-order. That might be enough to bump you up to a normal starting rating. The dudes who didn't pre will have to work harder.

marketing?

-Smak
Old 09-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #261
Pro

It's dumb. That's really the only thing anybody had to say lol.

Even with caps. How does it even make sense to have buckets.
Unless you could dump vc into them but tweak them how you wanted.

Like if I put my athlete on 15 it should give me how many points I have to spend...
I should be able to change what I want to be up but sacrifice ratings in that same bucket. Like I'm raising my vertical to 85 I won't have enough points to raise EVERYTHING in the bucket to 85.

Raising my 3s to 90 but I won't be able to raise my moving 3 to 95 without having a to sacrifice some midrange or free throw. Basically you'll have a number of attribute points to spend per level & the higher the level the less points you get. Then you'll have to manage your attribute point

It's really that simple TBH. 2k just doesn't have a clue how to balance their game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #262
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
1. I'm not a fan of the categories or actually i am, just not in their current form. There should be more of them and the attributes within them should be upgrade-able separately. The only reason to have them is to choose your strengths and weaknesses at the start. Still.. even with them in the game as they are now, i don't see why they can't just make it so that when you don't select any dunk animations you're player simply won't dunk. Maybe even let us choose alley oop packages as well so we can turn those off to or set them to layups. I've been wanting to make a 6'9 sf who never dunks for years now, just all kinds of crafty layups.

2. If i understand you correctly, i agree. My thought is to let us choose strengths/average/weaknesses (categories) at the beginning. If you want a strength that has nothing to do with your position (like shooting for a center) you can pick it but it will be your only strength, they you can have a couple categories that are average and the rest bad. If you pick categories that are typical for your position you can have more strengths etc. But obviously to determine all of those combinations per position and then incorporating height and weight will require a lot of brainstorming, which i'm not gonna do.

3. I agree the ratings could be better but i also appreciate that they took a step in the right direction by getting rid of oversized players that are good at everything. 2k17 will hopefully take another step and so on until they finally manage to develop the right formula. The rebounding annoyed me as well, getting boxed out by 6' guards and whatnot but that's a gameplay issue and it's been that way for years. They'll fix it eventually, hopefully this year.
Sad part is this was and is easy to add ! If u wanna make a Larry bird type not athletic and all layup no dunking that should be possible
I
Old 09-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #263
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
It's dumb. That's really the only thing anybody had to say lol.

Even with caps. How does it even make sense to have buckets.
Unless you could dump vc into them but tweak them how you wanted.

Like if I put my athlete on 15 it should give me how many points I have to spend...
I should be able to change what I want to be up but sacrifice ratings in that same bucket. Like I'm raising my vertical to 85 I won't have enough points to raise EVERYTHING in the bucket to 85.

Raising my 3s to 90 but I won't be able to raise my moving 3 to 95 without having a to sacrifice some midrange or free throw. Basically you'll have a number of attribute points to spend per level & the higher the level the less points you get. Then you'll have to manage your attribute point

It's really that simple TBH. 2k just doesn't have a clue how to balance their game
Hopefully they read this they should patch it ! Other wise ther will be way to many similar players

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »