Home

Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot inside]

This is a discussion on Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot inside] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #33
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot insi

Sorry OP, but I'm so glad they spent their resources on other things than that this year. While that could be an improvement for the future, 2k desperately needed the type of additions they made this year before they became just a tad complacent.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #34
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
Sorry OP, but I'm so glad they spent their resources on other things than that this year. While that could be an improvement for the future, 2k desperately needed the type of additions they made this year before they became just a tad complacent.
Again, this point doesn't make much sense, and I feel like it's adressed every week when it comes up on various topics.

2k has separate teams who work on different parts of the game. The gameplay guys aren't working on character art, the myleague guys are working on character art, the my player guys arent working on character art... Ext

So the improvments they made to gameplay, has little to do with what the 10 or so character art guys, haven't done in regards to euroleague players and classic players (To a lesser extent)
Old 09-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #35
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Again, this point doesn't make much sense, and I feel like it's adressed every week when it comes up on various topics.

2k has separate teams who work on different parts of the game. The gameplay guys aren't working on character art, the myleague guys are working on character art, the my player guys arent working on character art... Ext

So the improvments they made to gameplay, has little to do with what the 10 or so character art guys, haven't done in regards to euroleague players and classic players (To a lesser extent)

Ok. And do you see the work the face scan and graphics department put in this year??? Face scans are unbelievable, the mouthpieces, the sweat, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #36
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
Ok. And do you see the work the face scan and graphics department put in this year??? Face scans are unbelievable, the mouthpieces, the sweat, etc.
I see great scans, improved sweat and mouthpieces. That's nice, no one ever claimed nba players weren't done well. In fact I've been overly satisfied with them since 2k14, and body scans are a great addition. However, classic players have gotten progressivly worse and euroleague teams have gotten to the point where you can clearly tell there's no effort being put into them.

Just because you did 70% of your job well that doesn't mean that you can neglect 30% of your content. That's not acceptable to me. Don't advertise 27 Euroleague teams on your international cover, when only 5% of the players actually resemble their real life counterparts.

Don't have a cover with Michael Jordan when the player model looks nothing like the quality of the cover. I might be a euroleague guy, but trust me I also understand the complaints coming from the classic guys as well.

Last edited by Bexthelegend; 09-22-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #37
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Also, to reiterate the biggest theme of this thread...

No one's asking for the details on euroleague players to be perfect. No one's asking for them to be facescanned. However, like the Galloway screenshots on the last page ,the players need to at least resemble their real life counterparts.

Here's a mod of Dario Saric from 2k14 created on NLSC. This was for a draftclass project after the 2014 draft. As you can tell by looking at them side by side, you can see that there was an attempt to create his real life counterpart.

Compare this to his 2k16 screenshot. Would you even be able to tell that this was the same player... or better yet that they even shared that same ethnicity?

His 2k16 screenshot has very little similarities to his likness. Whiles the NLSC Mod actually resembles the player. That's what we're asking for. Not asking for a face scan/body scan/ accurate accessories. We just want the players to actually resemble themselves.

If we could edit player apperance this wouldn't be an issue. But since we can't this is a real problem.

Last edited by Bexthelegend; 09-22-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #38
Rookie

MaSTA SoLIDUS's Arena

Even if they just spent the time making similar likenesses in CAP.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #39
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

This would be a non issue if 2k did a proper CAP system. No matter how hard I try to create a player they always look like a caveman.

I'm curious what dev team is in charge of the CAP system.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #40
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This would be a non issue if 2k did a proper CAP system. No matter how hard I try to create a player they always look like a caveman.

I'm curious what dev team is in charge of the CAP system.
Who knows. I know this has been brought up a lot, but it's crazy to think that the same company that controls the WWE Franchise and their great cap system, can allow such a weak one to exist in their strongest game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »