Home

Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot inside]

This is a discussion on Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot inside] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot inside]

As you know I've made multiple threads about this, and pushed for 2k to improve the quality of their euroleague players (Especilly players who've already been drafted). Guys like Rudy Fernandez and V-Span look great, which is why it's really dissapointing that after a full cycle they couldn't improve Saric's. He was added late to the game last year, so I belived it was just a result of them not having time to properly create him.

Extremly dissapointing result, as I've been posting about this since early in the summer. Yet not devs ever gave me any answer. Here or on social media.

Here's a real life picture for comparison.

Last edited by Bexthelegend; 09-20-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot insi

Man, do you REALLY believe they are going to travel the world and do face scans? Honestly, only a handful of people are even going to notice when it comes to the international teams, mostly those who follow those teams closer. Yes, I would like for it to be more accurate, though on the big scheme of things, it's seems minor compared to other issues that need/should be addressed in the game.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Re: Euroleague players still have Generic CAP faces [Dario Saric 2k16 screenshot insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Man, do you REALLY believe they are going to travel the world and do face scans? Honestly, only a handful of people are even going to notice when it comes to the international teams, mostly those who follow those teams closer. Yes, I would like for it to be more accurate, though on the big scheme of things, it's seems minor compared to other issues that need/should be addressed in the game.
Theres no need for a face scan. Theres tons of players in past nba 2ks and lives who havent been scanned who actually resemble their real life counterparts. The NLSC community created a cyberface for Saric in 2k14 without a face scan, and that cyberface is much more accurate than what 2k has produced.

It was never neccesary to travel to face scan them. You can look at a picture and create the player as close to their likeness as possible.

Here's the NLSC cyberface made in 2k14 . If 2k had simply given that level of quality, or the ability to truly edit players than there would be no issue.

Again no ones asking them to travel across the world. Just use a picture as reference when creating the cyberface.

Last edited by Bexthelegend; 09-20-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Those replay options though....
Old 09-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Theres no need for a face scan. Theres tons of players in past nba 2ks and lives who havent been scanned who actually resemble their real life counterparts. The NLSC community created a cyberface for Saric in 2k14 without a face scan, and that cyberface is much more accurate than what 2k has produced.

It was never neccesary to travel to face scan them. You can look at a picture and create the player as close to their likeness as possible.

Here's the NLSC cyberface made in 2k14 . If 2k had simply given that level of quality, or the ability to truly edit players than there would be no issue.

Again no ones asking them to travel across the world. Just use a picture as reference when creating the cyberface.

Spoiler
Modders don't have to account for doing cyberfaces and art files for an ENTIRE game like the art team at 2k. I get what you're saying, but that's always a bad comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Those replay options though....
I know right? I've been waiting for a replay editor to get as many or more options than the old Sprite Reel Maker. I'm gonna make hella mixtapes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #6
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Modders don't have to account for doing cyberfaces and art files for an ENTIRE game like the art team at 2k. I get what you're saying, but that's always a bad comparison.

I know right? I've been waiting for a replay editor to get as many or more options than the old Sprite Reel Maker. I'm gonna make hella mixtapes.

And we understand that, which is why people have been begging for the abilty to fully edit player appearance, or the ability to scan pictures of NBA player faces. Either one of those will produce the desired results. It's the same issue people are having with classic teams only worse.

If you know you don't have the ability to make everyone resemble their likeness let the roster community have the ability to edit players physical characteristic and their hair.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #7
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

Yeah if we could scan real pics in like WWE this would be a non issue but for some reason they haven't added it in yet. I was hoping the next step up after the face scan last year would be uploading pics this year. No evidence that it's in this year though.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:47 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Replay options are looking nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »