Home

Player responsiveness. Stuck in Animations. Anyone heard if it's been addressed?

This is a discussion on Player responsiveness. Stuck in Animations. Anyone heard if it's been addressed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Player responsiveness. Stuck in Animations. Anyone heard if it's been addressed?

a number of the people who went to 2k and played the game early spoke highly of the responsiveness.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Player responsiveness. Stuck in Animations. Anyone heard if it's been addressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Also a video is not going to tell if player responsiveness or stuck in animation happens unfortunately.

That was my original point- neither are we....

If you don't out stock in the video or impressions....

Your real answer won't come until Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Re: Player responsiveness. Stuck in Animations. Anyone heard if it's been addressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
a number of the people who went to 2k and played the game early spoke highly of the responsiveness.
Responsiveness I have heard, and that could hopefully mean you could feather your analog stick in any direction and your player will respond "softly" and be pin point accurate.

What "responsiveness" doesn't address are the examples I have provided, at least I don't see them being defined as the same. Guess we'll just have to wait. Can I release or detach myself from the offensive/defensive player is what I'm looking for during rebounds, etc.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Good to hear.. Makes a big difference

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Responsiveness I have heard, and that could hopefully mean you could feather your analog stick in any direction and your player will respond "softly" and be pin point accurate.

What "responsiveness" doesn't address are the examples I have provided, at least I don't see them being defined as the same. Guess we'll just have to wait. Can I release or detach myself from the offensive/defensive player is what I'm looking for during rebounds, etc.
they have specifically spoke about being stuck in animations... if you want info you should really do some investigating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #22
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
they have specifically spoke about being stuck in animations... if you want info you should really do some investigating.
I did do my own investigation since they released the blogs and #winning trailer. Scoured the web but couldn't find anything specifically mentioning it. Thought may be OS could shed some light seeing as how some can find information that no other can.

Does your remark also concern other threads that are flooding the NBA2k forum that could have very well be found by members doing their own investigation?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #23
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

I will say this. I see a lot of people talking about feeling "free" in that other game. Playing the demo, I don't see it. One thing I loved about 2k is that despite certain 2 man canned animations, I could pass out of anything.

About 5 days with the other and I'm scared of Drive/kick plays. If you do a dribble, you can't cancel to pass out or go the other direction. I don't mean cheese, either. I mean the way I can enter a size up in 2k...and halfway through it blast out of it if a defender bites. Same thing with passing out of shots. In the current other game, there's a 50/50 chance I'll get a layup animation I can't pass out of regardless of distance.

This kills me. If 2k has added canceling to the 2 man animations this year like they claim, awesome. The game already offers decent control, but the ability to break out of a post up for help defense is really what I'm looking for.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba AKA Mike Wang
At the start of the year, I threw down a challenge for our gameplay team: make the game LOOK as beautiful as a motion captured movie but make it FEEL more responsive than any basketball game has ever felt before.

I could write for days on the concept of “feel” when it comes to gameplay. But to put it in a nutshell, our goal this year was to make sure that the gamer was ALWAYS in total control and able to pull off the exact move they wanted to, WHEN they wanted to. That was a thought that permeated all of our designs and something we were very explicit about throughout development. To achieve that, we re-designed a number of systems to allow for more on-demand branching so that you never feel locked into an animation. You’ll immediately feel the difference in basic movement, shooting, passing, blocking, you name it… and I think it really rewards gamers who spend time mastering the sticks.
From the first blog http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ith-mike-wang/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »