Home

A Top Notch NBA 2K Create a Player Feature

This is a discussion on A Top Notch NBA 2K Create a Player Feature within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #49
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Top Notch NBA 2K Create a Player Feature

I understand we get a crappy create a player. but my wish at least would be to be able to use the face scan feature outside of my player mode. Just to have that option in the create a player outside that game mode will be a victory for me at this point.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:25 AM   #50
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
not even close to being the worst lol

It's the worst I've seen, and I can say that without hesitation. Play about 20 seasons - have fun seeing the exact same face on every starting lineup in the game.

I don't give them a hard time, because they're doing great things with 2k, but their create-a-player feature is downright awful. It's not bad, it's awful. It's so awful, I have to use players from the free agent pool for my created players.

After every draft, I have to go through each team, and release the drafted players, because they're so disgusting. I've been a lot of places, including Walmart, and I have never seen a white person look the way a white person looks in NBA 2k (created player.) It baffles me how this seems to slip by every year.. I'd just love to see them acknowledge it.

Last edited by Nukleopatra; 08-03-2016 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:19 PM   #51
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukleopatra
It's the worst I've seen, and I can say that without hesitation. Play about 20 seasons - have fun seeing the exact same face on every starting lineup in the game.

I don't give them a hard time, because they're doing great things with 2k, but their create-a-player feature is downright awful. It's not bad, it's awful. It's so awful, I have to use players from the free agent pool for my created players.

After every draft, I have to go through each team, and release the drafted players, because they're so disgusting. I've been a lot of places, including Walmart, and I have never seen a white person look the way a white person looks in NBA 2k (created player.) It baffles me how this seems to slip by every year.. I'd just love to see them acknowledge it.

You're 100% right tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #52
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I have my doubts about 2k Dev's improving the CAP system this year, hell I have doubts CAPs will come in with more than one body type. I'm year 5 in my Nets MyLeague and all the rookie to 5th year players have the same bodies. Really wished height/weight would alter the apperance of the players.

Anyway, what i do hope, which seems more realistic, is that they transfer the MyPlayer tattoo editor to the regular CAP system. Its something already in the game so porting it over should be in their capabilities this year.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:31 AM   #53
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Walmart though?

Lmao.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #54
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't think you'll ever get it simply because that's not in 2K's interest to give you such a tool. Before you know it you'd see almost 100% accurate rosters popping up and that's less incentive given to the customer to buy their next game.

I have a 2016/2017 roster but just the fact that Ingram is an ugly CAP (no offense, it's as good as it can be given the tools we have) keeps me from really getting into it.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #55
Rookie

I agree, white CAPs look really weird and nothing like white people in real-life. Especially as someone who likes playing with Euroleague teams it's a big bother. Even some of the scanned white players look off, especially hair colours.

I understand they can't scan everyone, but gives us a good CAP builder and something KONAMI does with PES: the ability to edit player appearance. If I want to turn LeBron into a 5 foot 4 white guy with long hair offline, I should be able to. Here's a video showing the PES 2016 CAP feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpsjQIVo4mE

Another thing 2K have no excuses for is having CAP NBA players. I understand that they can not scan everyone, but atleast create a cyberface, the 2K modding community shows that you don't need to scan to get a decent likeness.

Lastly, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD let us use the tattoo editor on CAPs, as well as being able to change the bodytypes! At the very least let us choose between a few preset bodytypes (skinny, average, ripped, plump (for lack of better term))
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #56
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

They should just use a system similar to the player creation one that Fallout has. That one is superb and you can make a range of faces that all look really unique. You can make Asians that look Asian and Caucasians that don't look like some kind of mutants.

I'm white and find myself making a black guy in 2K year after year, because of how god damn ugly and horrible white players look in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »