Home

MyCareer Sandbox Mode

This is a discussion on MyCareer Sandbox Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer Sandbox Mode

This is an excellent idea. I feel that the necessity to prevent online cheesing and balancing online play has forced too many changes and subsequent patching that aren't very advantageous to strictly offline players. I mean, if the CPU cheeses as much and your teammates are as dumb as the were up until now, where's the fun in capping MyPlayer further? I fully understand that noone wants 10 LeBrons running around online, but if we can't make even one LeBron for offline use because it's "realistic", that's just sad. How fun would FIFA be if the best you could be was a Clint Dempsey to be "challenging and realistic"?

To tie-in with another members good thread about position change, I find myself having to tailormake players for which team I intent to play for since the poor rotation logic doesn't account much for secondary positions.

I am all in favour of capping, even to a heavy degree if it reflects on the AI as well. But as it is of now (2k15), you often wind up feeling cheated by the CPU, even on lower difficulties. Yeah I know that hitting 90% from the 3pt line is not realistic and I don't want to do it, but I sure as hell don't want the CPU to do it either. Then it makes up some gibberish about missing all 3pta while I sit on the bench to make the % seem more palatable. And every CPU star and scrub has 99 shooting in traffic, reaction and loose ball recovery. I want to be outplayed, not outcheated.

Now, I don't expect 2K to have or even be able to iron out all the issues regarding the AI with the game engine, and there are limits to how complex the algorithms can be made at this point. So the easiest way to please both camps for 2K16 would be to patch in a sandbox mode, flag a certain MyCareer "offline only". With the always-online DRM requirement it should be easy to prevent any such player leaking onto rec/park, and even easier to spot and kick if so. The main goal is to have fun, right? This way we all can define our own meaning of "fun".
Old 09-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #10
MVP

zello144's Arena

Bring back something similar to the older MyPlayer modes seen in 2k10-2k13
No cutscenes just press conferences, D-league, Draft combine stuff like that.
Call the mode Create a legend and let us play as a current NBA player as well (Playing as Kobe in his final season)
If they gave MyLeague to fans of the old association mode they should give us something like that for us fans of the older MyPlayer/MyCareer mode.

Last edited by zello144; 09-21-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #11
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

EXACTLY!!!!! I thought I was the only one that wish this can happen. Im not too big on my my player bcuz after a couple of season it gets boring and repetative. I was actually going to clone my 2k15 myplayer in my league and just play with my character locked. 2k15 my player was way too focused on online gaming. They didnt even have playoff brackets during the mode. It was very basic for us ppl that dont play online. No custom rosters. And very basic stats tracking. I really really hope 2k can change this going forward. Not everyone plays online

Last edited by soamazen23; 09-21-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 03:40 AM   #12
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

I dont get it people....2k gives u the best career mode in history of sports games, and u complain about the sliders the roster etc....
blame on you!!!
Old 09-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivysaur
I know it's not exactly what you're asking, but they implemented player lock into MyLeague this year. So you can recreate your MyPlayer as a CAP, import him into a custome roster and use him exclusively in MyLeague with all the customization options in the mode if you wish.
Wow where did you get this info from ? This would change a lot !
Old 09-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof86
I dont get it people....2k gives u the best career mode in history of sports games, and u complain about the sliders the roster etc....
blame on you!!!
I didn't complain. I requested something. And 2k may have the best game but it doesn't mean they can't keep improving...If they didn't improve their modes I wouldn't be buying NBA 2k16.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #15
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivysaur
I know it's not exactly what you're asking, but they implemented player lock into MyLeague this year. So you can recreate your MyPlayer as a CAP, import him into a custome roster and use him exclusively in MyLeague with all the customization options in the mode if you wish.
This is exactly what Ive been planning all along. I've been doing this with sport games since before any on them had a career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #16
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

Although I really really wish that either we can import our my player into offline modes OR that face scan can be made available in CAP outside of my player so that way we can have our face into My league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »