Home

MyCareer Sandbox Mode

This is a discussion on MyCareer Sandbox Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyCareer Sandbox Mode

Don't get me wrong, I know this will not find itself into the 2k16 game this year. But wouldn't a sandbox MyCareer be great? You could use custom rosters, force your GM to make trades, and make your player whatever overall you want. Before you say "that's MyLeague with CAP" it's not because you'd go through cutscenes and you'd still control one person. Speaking of cutscenes you could see the pros and cons of each choice.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyCareer Sandbox Mode

It wouldn't be online either, so you wouldn't see 99 overall guys on MyPark

Old 09-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes, this would be great! For those who have no interest in going online, and want to experiment with playing positions 1-5 and not being forced to grind. Also would allow you to create and relive classic players (ala Scottie Pippen, or the logo Jerry West) in todays league...
Old 09-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Yes that would be awesome! I really want to be able to use custom gameplay sliders. Not being able to do that in MyPlayer really kills the mode for me.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

See that part where he sits down, a TV in front of him and a vending machine behind him, about 47 seconds into the trailer?

That looked SO much like Grand Theft Auto in that one brief scene, it wasn't even funny.

Seriously, a sandbox that looked like this would be just AWESOME.

But somehow I highly doubt it's possible (as envisioned here) this console generation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
See that part where he sits down, a TV in front of him and a vending machine behind him, about 47 seconds into the trailer?

That looked SO much like Grand Theft Auto in that one brief scene, it wasn't even funny.

Seriously, a sandbox that looked like this would be just AWESOME.

But somehow I highly doubt it's possible (as envisioned here) this console generation.
I think you didn't understand the idea...it wouldn't be like GTA, it'd by MyCareer except you can choose rosters, sliders, attributes, etc.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Ivysaur's Arena

I know it's not exactly what you're asking, but they implemented player lock into MyLeague this year. So you can recreate your MyPlayer as a CAP, import him into a custome roster and use him exclusively in MyLeague with all the customization options in the mode if you wish.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: MyCareer Sandbox Mode

yeah they need to allow customization for an OFFLINE MyCareer - we pay $60 every year for this game, yet it remains the only sports career mode in history with no custom sliders. they are really doing their loyal customers a disservice. not everyone wants to play as the next Lebron on crack, averaging 80/20/20.

I love MyCareer mode, but never make it through a year because we are at the mercy of their gameplay settings. not everyone plays the same, please let us customize to our vision of the NBA! I thought thats what sports games were meant for?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »