Home

NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself

As good as Spike Lee may be I think this might be the last story in my career we get.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #34
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I think the trailer is kind of misleading. I don't believe this is a game anymore where you control your fate. Rather it's like playing story mode in COD or Battlefield where you just assume the role of a soldier and go with it. While 2k will deny this and say that you do get to choose your name and the way you look, all of the other things are predetermined. MyCareer is literally story mode now. The only way I'll be able to enjoy it is if I treat it that way. It's no longer what it used to be.
Spike Lee's involvement in the story is only up to when you enter the NBA, after that its the same thing as every other year, expanded actually
Old 09-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #35
Rookie

Trailer gave me hope. I dont want to( and have to) play like MJ in every game. I just wanna be strong role player like Joachim Noah. We will see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #36
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Hilarious that it seems like they are hiding MJ's character model..Doesn't give me alot of hope about Bird..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #37
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

A couple of thoughts on teammates this year:

1. All the ai improvements talked about by Da_Czar and ScottOG are enabled in MyCareer this year.
  2. To take full advantage (making your teammate ai the best it can be) you need to play freelance so ACE is taken advantage of by the ai
  3. Play at SS/Sim for most tuned gameplay. HoF will give you ai cheese all day.
A few random thoughts:
  1. It says we can be from Compton - does this mean the high-schools we chose are based on our back-ground?
  2. Getting to the NBA is story-mode but once we are drafted we make our own story.
  3. Cut-scenes are only in the beginning.
  4. Off-season and off-days we have the new engine that will simulate whatever we chose to do:
    1. Practice
    2. Endorsements
    3. Contacts with peers
  5. Our court will be where we display our trophies, rings and whatever.

The most important thing to realize is that this year (unlike prior years) Da_Czar and ScottOG listened to us and enabled the ai fully in the MyCareer mode.

We are going to need to play as smart as we do in quick-games.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I know this may be a stupid question, but if your my player is white, will your family also be white?
you could ask the same on the other side, if my player is super black will I still have such light-skinned parents lol
Old 09-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #39
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Hilarious that it seems like they are hiding MJ's character model..Doesn't give me alot of hope about Bird..

Looks like Kareem was face-scanned, even '71 Kareem (despite the funny expression he's making) looks very good with all his hair, they also showed a picture of Shaq coming in to get face-scanned so we can only hope that MJ did the same or at least got an improvement. You would think a guy like MJ would want to look as perfect and as true to life as possible and I'm hoping that's true.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 09-23-2015, 01:19 AM   #40
Just started!

I really hope they deliver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »