Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Players

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 12:38 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeed04
I think Steph is a fantastic ball player. Great shooter, has incredible instinct, and is great passer. But there's no way that he's only a notch under LeBron, let alone *better* than KD.

There are two sides of the ball in basketball. Curry is elite level on one side, and is able to be hidden by his team's all-time great perimeter, and interior defenders on the other side.

LeBron is an elite offensive player, and a better than average defensive player. Is he as good of a shooter as Steph? Absolutely not. But he's one of the games best finishers, best scorers, best passers, playmakers, decision makers and foul drawers. Not to mention that he has clout around the league.

Could it and should it be argued that Steph is a 90? Sure. But historically, LeBron is one of the all time greats. And since the ratings are based off of all time greats(there are only 2 other SF in history as good as LeBron: Pippen, Bird and perhaps one day KD) then LeBron should be higher than, or have a greater gulf between he and other players.

Not a fan of recency bias.

Old curmudgeon out.

So we just gonna disregard Nique like that

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
So we just gonna disregard Nique like that

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

'Nique was a beast, no lie. But again, in the annals of NBA hierarchy, I believe that the 3 players that I mentioned are the best at the respective position. I'd take no issue, nor have any qualms about 'Nique being a mid to high 80's rating.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:54 AM   #43
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

stephen curry top 2 above AD and KD, and only a notch below LeBron, is laughable. I can understand KD being that he was hurt but still. I would even take Harden, Russ, and CP3 over Curry. I wish 2K would stop gassing players ratings because of team success. Just like last year when almost every Spurs player got a ratings bump. And at people saying Kawhi is better than Melo but have no problem with Curry being so high when his defense is worse than Melo's

Last edited by eltyboogie; 09-23-2015 at 12:55 AM. Reason: left something out
Old 09-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #44
Just started!

I'm not big fan of Malo but his a beast on offense.........
Old 09-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #45
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
respect. I disagree. I feel Aldridge will fall out of the top ten by playing team spurs ball but i see melo actually moving up in rating since he has to show the league he is still elite so that a team will want to trade for him and his contract regardless of his teams record. I think this is the year cousins gets his team winning to support his stats. PG i just dont know about him being moved to PF, he isnt like lebron or melo or unguardable because of his height like KD. Lillard could also have a high usage rate this year and wouldnt be surprised if he had numbers like 26 7 and 6 which would probably grant him top ten access as well
Paul George is the same height as KD.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 01:05 AM   #46
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavycrocket
Top 10 Players how it SHOULD Be in the total vacuum of history and today.

1. LeBron 93
2. KD 91
3. Cp3 90
4. Curry 89
5. AD 88
6. Blake 87
7. Harden 86
8. Westbrook 86
9. Wall 85
10. Melo (Healthy) 85 or Dwight, Gasol at 85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you just put CP3 over Steph Curry after Steph abused him every time they matched up last season?
Old 09-23-2015, 01:15 AM   #47
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Did you just put CP3 over Steph Curry after Steph abused him every time they matched up last season?
he outplayed him ONCE in the 4 matchups 😂
watch games and not espn
Old 09-23-2015, 01:59 AM   #48
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
stephen curry top 2 above AD and KD, and only a notch below LeBron, is laughable. I can understand KD being that he was hurt but still. I would even take Harden, Russ, and CP3 over Curry. I wish 2K would stop gassing players ratings because of team success. Just like last year when almost every Spurs player got a ratings bump. And at people saying Kawhi is better than Melo but have no problem with Curry being so high when his defense is worse than Melo's
So Much ignorance in this post. Curry is perfect where is, based off the entire body of work last year. And the idea of melo being better defensively than curry is also laughable. People so stuck in the past. Curry played solid D last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »