Home

NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #801
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_accidents
Sounds simple but don't post in traffic and be quick. 2 or less dribbles then do your move. If you don't feel confident you can score pass out and repost. Also fight for position when you don't have the ball. Keep reposting till you get deep position or at a good angle that eliminates your defender.
Soon as I get the ball in the post I get stripped or even on rebounds soon as I come down. This is true for the park too.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #802
Rookie

Deck's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJP
As far as I know, AD is not a presence down low on offense. On defense, of course he can guard his man all over the court.

Everytime I face AD he likes to catch at the top of the key and pass off/drive/pull up for the mid-range depending on how I play him. He maybe did 2 post moves at the high post which he was forced into since I defended his face up game.

I'd pick the Pelicans though. AD is a beast and Tyreke gets to the basket at will, plus Ryan Anderson is probably the best on pick fades for three right there with Love, Aldridge, Dirk.

Jrue would be a sweet backup if they don't trade him when you get the starting spot.
Yeah what turned me off on the pelicans was just the lack of jersey selection tbh. Having a good defensive PF in this game is a must imho, AD can close out of 3 and protect the paint.

The rockets might be a little to good now that they have Ty, I just felt their playing scheme was the best for Slashing/PnP. I don't think I'd bring much to this team.

That leaves two teams then, the Pelicans that can become a contender with me or the up and coming TWolfs. Anyone knows how the player development is in this game ?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #803
Banned

OVR: 13

POTG for me in my 3rd sophomore season game, think i need to bump up from all star lol, I haven't bought any VC, only a 68 overall still

Old 09-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #804
Rookie

I just don't get it! How can people rave about this game? Ok ok...personally I think this game is 80% f-cking gold...and 20% f-cking bs (game play wise). I play HoF difficultly and score as much as I like so that's not the problem. It's when the game FORCES you to miss a shot (in this case it was a dunk with nobody on him) just because the odds of a real player hitting 10 out of 10 is very low. It happens EVERY GAME. You are assigned a "cold" streak it seems so no matter what you do you miss even if it's a f-ckimg uncontested dunk! Then it's back to 2k15 where your team gets worse the more minutes you got so the games can be close. Errrr. That's a rigged game.

Then there is the ai passing. They throw passes all over the place but my guys do not react to them. They throw them over the top of my D (just over head height) and nobody touches it yet if I were to try that it would get picked off 100% of to time. Then there is the fast break points. I play center so there is no way for me to be the first one back. With my pg I stop the fast breaks...with my center...everyone just runs on me (the Bulls!). The ai defense (my team) is so much worse than last year. They make idiotic plays constantly. Add to that the blatent passing bs and now you have a close game. I f-cling HATE SCRIPTED GAMES!!!!!! HATE THEMMMMMM! Winning is not a problem even on HoF. It's the way you have to go about it that just pisses me offffff. I know in the first quarter if the score will be close at the end. It's when you can't get more than 5 points away. I roll my eyes. Wish they had a sim to 5 mins left setting. If you play amazing defense the game will simply give the other team more free throws, offensive rebounds or just let them make every shot from the outside so it stays close. Doesn't anyone else play HoF see these sh-t patterns?

Then there is the "guy I am guarding is 1-7 when I come in" bs. I check who Inam guarding and if he is shooting like dog poop I growl in frustration because he is going to hit every shot. I should NOT be able to predict this with no uncertainty! That is SCRIPTED BS!

I love so much about the game and they made things much better with blocking imo. It's the 20% bs that makes me want to throw everything out the window after I have beaten it with a baseball bat.

Last edited by Alwayscivilmike; 09-30-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #805
Rookie

Don't know how but just gotten Relentless Finisher.

Just had a monster game against the Kings. Finished with 41pts on 17/23 shooting, 10 RBs and 14 AST. Whoo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #806
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_accidents
And the stupid huge scoreboard blocks the shot meter.
What camera do you guys have?? I don't seem to have this problem with it...
Old 09-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #807
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Team chemistry is rough this year. Slow going up.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 09-30-2015, 12:08 PM   #808
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Soon as I get the ball in the post I get stripped or even on rebounds soon as I come down. This is true for the park too.
I get stripped coming down from rebounds sometimes but I still pull down 12+. I have 4 points in rebounding. Are you backing into the paint and who is stripping you, your defender or a help defender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »