Home

NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #3537
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 Official MyCAREER Thread

Just had a crazy game with my lakers vs spurs which was decide by the video referee

I just dropped 2 ft's making it a 107-106 lead. Forced a bad shot and Leonard picked up the rebound but released it just a fraction too late.

Great W.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #3538
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Its great to actually get the ball when you want it when you have an open 3 or get your teamates to actually shot when they have good positioning or an open shot.

They dont always respond when you tell them to do something (As in they wont pass if you are tightly guarded on the other side of the court or take really dumb shots).
My experience is the opposite, they will always pass unless it's a big on rebound or on the occasional drive. But I have been furiously spamming X for both Livingstone and Lowry (the devs must really hate Lowry, he's painfully useless both on and especially off ball) to take wide open 3's, and they refuse to take the shot if not in an absolutely perfect position. Livingstone wouldn't even shoot 3's, unless I was on the bench or the shot clock running out, and Lowry must be within an inch of the line. DeRozan however, will happily chuck away as long as he has a glimpse of the hoop.

But yeah, for me the OCC badge is perhaps the best badge in the game, as I like to facilitate more than score myself.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #3539
Rookie

2K needs a new rebounding system, it's damn near impossible to get Offensive Boards in MyCareer.

Soon as you get boxed out, you can't even get around to get the damn ball.

And lets not talk about how many times my guy has bobbled the ball and lose it to a guard - like that happens in the NBA.

On my 7 foot C with 84 rebounding, I only get 1.6 offensive rebounds a game playing 8 to 9 minute quarters on Superstar Sim.

I be having 20 rebound games with only 2 Oboards, that's lame.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #3540
Banned

it depends on how you go for them. not trying to box out is the way to go, you can usually get them regardless then

my 7'1, 270lb C with level 19 athlete and no rebound upgrades is averaging 23 boards with 5.9 offensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #3541
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
2K needs a new rebounding system, it's damn near impossible to get Offensive Boards in MyCareer.

Soon as you get boxed out, you can't even get around to get the damn ball.

And lets not talk about how many times my guy has bobbled the ball and lose it to a guard - like that happens in the NBA.

On my 7 foot C with 84 rebounding, I only get 1.6 offensive rebounds a game playing 8 to 9 minute quarters on Superstar Sim.

I be having 20 rebound games with only 2 Oboards, that's lame.
What ?! I thought it was to easy to get offensive boards
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 05:39 PM   #3542
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloLFC
it depends on how you go for them. not trying to box out is the way to go, you can usually get them regardless then

my 7'1, 270lb C with level 19 athlete and no rebound upgrades is averaging 23 boards with 5.9 offensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I average 3 offensive boards per 36 with my 7 foot outside C. My athlete isn't maxed out though but he's a 92 rated.

But another thing is, I play with Anthony Davis cause I am on the Pelicans and I be the one that is in the high post and the Pelicans don't miss shots.

Jrue Holiday doesn't miss. Tyreke Evans doesn't miss. Eric Gordon doesn't miss.

My other is a 6'10 inside C and is on the Celtics and they break shots all the time so I get like 4 Offensive Boards per 36.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 02-17-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:47 PM   #3543
Rookie

my sg is 6'5 and i basically left the rebound ratings untouched (in the beginning i wasted upgrades on two levels when i didn't know that it wouldn't have any effect) and i grab 2,1 off rebounds/game. i play about 40 mins/game. it's really all about timing and moving.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #3544
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
my sg is 6'5 and i basically left the rebound ratings untouched (in the beginning i wasted upgrades on two levels when i didn't know that it wouldn't have any effect) and i grab 2,1 off rebounds/game. i play about 40 mins/game. it's really all about timing and moving.
Rebounding with a guard to me is easy because you are faster than everyone else and you can jump high. I get 1 or 2 Oboards a game with my 6'1 PG.

It's more so about playing with a stacked team like the Pelicans and then I play with Anthony Davis.

So every single opportunity to get an OReb is precious and it's annoying when you going for a badge, that you can't get on anything other than Superstar and higher. There isn't really a mechanic to rebounding, it's just, you get boxed out and that's it.

Like last game, I played, I bobbled 5 Offensive rebounds.

The easiest way I saw to get Oboards is call for a pick and roll and let your PG pull up for a stupid shot and the lane is literally parted for you to get the OReb.

And I need to play closer to the basket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »