Home

Anyone have Pro-Am details?

This is a discussion on Anyone have Pro-Am details? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone have Pro-Am details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Unfortunately it's 3 players minimum.

I feel your pain too. My friend and I used to team up in Crew Mode back in 2K11 so this news was utterly disappointing.
I'm sure you could find one more person that you'd enjoy playing with to run with you two...
Old 09-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

•What's the quarter length ?
• what is the difficulty setting ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #11
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

wow. Me and my buddy were also wondering if it can be played with just two users with the rest being AI. Guess we need a 3rd now. So dumb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #12
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Unfortunately it's 3 players minimum.

I feel your pain too. My friend and I used to team up in Crew Mode back in 2K11 so this news was utterly disappointing.
Oh man, that is a huge bummer. Not sure of their reasoning since they are clearly okay with having some AI players and just lowering their stats, why can't we play with 2 players and 3 AI.

Thanks for letting me know though, may be a deciding factor in whether or not to purchase this year.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by a99tobe
Oh man, that is a huge bummer. Not sure of their reasoning since they are clearly okay with having some AI players and just lowering their stats, why can't we play with 2 players and 3 AI.

Thanks for letting me know though, may be a deciding factor in whether or not to purchase this year.
My guess (just my opinion really) is that teams of 5 people really want to play vs teams of 5 people, and too go into a game vs just 2 people is pretty boring. I know in the JRC in 15 when 3-5 people quit my guys really quit playing also and just messed around.

I came to PS4 from Xbox360 with zero friends, by just playing a little park and talking to people I have over 175 friends from NBA2k15 I have multiple squads of people that are inviting me to play all the time. I never will understand the idea that 2 people can't find 1-3 more people to play a mode like this... I got it it could be your bestfriend in real life and that's the only person you've ever played with and it was your goal to wreck online together, but there are some really cool people out there to play with and I'm sure if you just look for people you really wouldn't mind playing with some of them.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
wow. Me and my buddy were also wondering if it can be played with just two users with the rest being AI. Guess we need a 3rd now. So dumb
Not dumb I don't go online to play the CPU. How much fun is for the other guy that has to guard a CPU that will never take a shot (other than maybe a dunk here or there)?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #15
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
My guess (just my opinion really) is that teams of 5 people really want to play vs teams of 5 people, and too go into a game vs just 2 people is pretty boring. I know in the JRC in 15 when 3-5 people quit my guys really quit playing also and just messed around.

I came to PS4 from Xbox360 with zero friends, by just playing a little park and talking to people I have over 175 friends from NBA2k15 I have multiple squads of people that are inviting me to play all the time. I never will understand the idea that 2 people can't find 1-3 more people to play a mode like this... I got it it could be your bestfriend in real life and that's the only person you've ever played with and it was your goal to wreck online together, but there are some really cool people out there to play with and I'm sure if you just look for people you really wouldn't mind playing with some of them.
All good points.

My only thing is that it should be an option because some people (like myself) prefer playing with that one real friend they play these games with. It is also a nice option for people who play with a few other real friends, but trying to get everyone online at the same time with jobs, spouses, kids, etc is hard to do.

I also play NHL and while NBA is way better in a lot ways (myplayer, new court customization), NHL gives the very simple option of playing with as few as 2 players and only matching up against other teams with the same amount of players you have. It obviously limits your searches for a match quite a bit, but when you play, you are playing the amount of people that you want to be playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »